Accommodation in Spain

knapdog

Reaction score
I've got 10 days in Spain this summer, minus the Plymouth/Santander crossings time.
I'll probably book the first night in Spain somewhere but I'm reluctant to book anything else as I'm still undecided as to which direction to take upon arrival.
In other words I'm going to head for the best weather.
Just what tips can you give me for finding accommodation at the end of each day?
Whilst my french is pretty good I can hardly speak a word of Spanish apart from "Gracias" and if the truth were known this may even be a decisive factor in heading east to the french Pyrenees, but let's assume I'm staying in Spain.
I have the option of tapping nearby hotels on my Garmin, but that's going to be a bit hit and miss.
I could take some sort of guide book with me outlining accommodation but would there be anything useful on phone internet/apps that people use?
My options are still the Picos or Pyrenees but there's every chance I might head for Gibraltar and loop back along the coast.
I also have the "Ride" routes of Spain to consider.

ive ridden to gib from santander a few times....motorways and local roads...never booked a hotel and always found places to stay...
if i was on a motorway id pull off and go on local roads to find a hotel...
ive never had a problem but i do speak spanish.

We spent 10 days in Spain on two bikes, booked the first night only; hotels are plentiful, just go with the flow ;)

Top tip: Go to Segovia

+1 for Booking.com and some mobile internet coverage whilst you're travelling. My routine was to ride in the direction that I fancy and then, towards the latter part of the afternoon when I feel like I'm getting towards having enough riding look on booking.com for somewhere I'm headed. That way you don't need to stick to a rigid schedule.. time to stop and smell the flowers.
If you've the chance would recommend heading into Portugal, that would be very easy to take in.

:thumb

We ask at each hotel we stay at for interesting places to go to next, then find a hotel there on booking.com. It can be a bit hit and miss but generally people want us to see the best of their country so the suggestions are often excellent and lead us to places we wouldn't have thought of going to

Booking .com, tapping in hotels to satnav, nearby Ibis with secure underground parking has worked for us on 3 week trips from Santander to South coast of Portugal for the last 3years, stayed in some amazing places with only the odd shithole. If you have booking.com or similar, a satnav and can do hand signals and smile you`ll be fine.

Take a tent and enjoy the freedom it will give you. We wild camp at the side of rivers and lakes and it's the best way to get a wash, do a bit of fishing and just enjoy the weather :thumb2

Booking dot com is your friend

Have you considered putting this question in the Travel spain /hotels/trips section

you may get more replies :D

Thank you for that.
I've tended just to browse this RT section, forgetting that there's a travel section as well.
Will take on board the prompting to book through Booking.com.
Thanks again everyone.

Take a tent and enjoy the freedom it will give you. We wild camp at the side of rivers and lakes and it's the best way to get a wash, do a bit of fishing and just enjoy the weather :thumb2

hardcore!

Back
Top Bottom