disc lock

unicycler

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
going to europe later in the year and would like a little added security for when bike parked up over night. Anyone use one on a GSLC here thats a good fit but not to bulky for storing when not in use, let me know your thoughts.

PS. i know they are not great security, but will be more than my mates have so they might pick an easier target :)

If you do use a disc lock, make sure you place it at the rear of the caliper just in case you do ride off with it still in place.
DMHIK - after 9 years of using one :blast

If you do use a disc lock, make sure you place it at the rear of the caliper just in case you do ride off with it still in place.
DMHIK - after 9 years of using one :blast

If the disc lock comes with a pouch, just keep your ignition keys in the pouch after you've fitted the lock :thumby: I've never ridden off with the disc lock on since employing this technique after breaking a couple of mudguards on my Thundercat 600 20 years ago :blush

If the disc lock comes with a pouch, just keep your ignition keys in the pouch after you've fitted the lock :thumby: I've never ridden off with the disc lock on since employing this technique after breaking a couple of mudguards on my Thundercat 600 20 years ago :blush
Or get a disc lock with an alarm? Will sound if you get on the bike without removing it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Or just fall off, on full lock doh,

one sprained wrist later!! wont make that mistake again in a hurry !!

Mart

Get down to your local BMW dealer, They do a Motorrad branded version of the ABUS Granit Detecto X Plus 8077 disc lock with Alarm. Great bit of kit and I got mine for less than the standard ABUS version :thumb
sierra_BMW_Motorcycle_disc%20lock_77252414845.jpg

https://www.abus.com/uk/Mobile-Security/Motorbike-Scooter/Brake-disc-locks/GRANIT-Detecto-X-Plus-8077

From Your dealer or eBay for £119

Attachments

• IMG_0454.jpg
    IMG_0454.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 709
Mine just arrived from USA. Now I have to summon up the courage to unable the callipers to fit it!

;-)

Just cable tie the front brake lever, so the brake is applied, and it's easy.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom