1290 super Adv S

Camel Toe

Reaction score
I’m collecting new bike at weekend and wonder if original screen needs to be changed for better protection as I ride all year round..... ktm experience required please.....

I went the other way, and fitted the R screen with an MRA spoiler. The buffeting with the stock screen was terrible.

I’m 6’2” and find the standard screen ok

On my 1190 I tried loads of screens and came to the conclusion only the huge Puig touring works really well (and looks really silly) ones a bit taller than stock just increased buffeting without reducing wind in the face so I switch between the stock low screen for local plodding around and put the touring screen on for, well, touring - it would also be great in winter to keep you warmer, in summer it prevents any flies hitting the visor.

The 1290 is slightly different so same may not apply - and 1190 screens do not fit otherwise you could of tried my selection (Std / KTM Touring / Puig Touring)

Standard screen for me ... seems ok ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Small screens are the way to go, just enough to take the blast off your chest a bit.

If peeps want to be in still air get a Goldwing :)

Andres

Good choice with the panniers, my oem plastic ones are very average .... :thumb2

The standard panniers are quite wide anyway (significantly wider than the GS Vario's in fully extended mode) so I figured filtering was going to be restricted regardless so I might as well have plenty of space. Only ever an issue on the way to and from Folkestone anyway.

BTW, Liked the panniers on your bike John, I think they look a bit smarter than the KTM branded Givi Trekkers I have.

Back
Top Bottom