‘Exclusive Seat’

Plastic seat base might be made in Spain but the seats according to 2 dealers I spoke to ( one in the UK and the other in Germany ) are made by Kahedo in Germany

Plastic seat base might be made in Spain but the seats according to 2 dealers I spoke to ( one in the UK and the other in Germany ) are made by Kahedo in Germany

+ 1

I think you will find it's just the bases that SHAD manufacture

They do the same for Triumph, Aprilia, Ducati etc

Dmoffat.

I'm just outside Hull (2017 City of Culture you know).

I have the standard height GSA with the lower Exclusive seats. You are welcome to try.

So can someone state definitively, does the R1200GS Exclusive get a different seat to the standard R1200GS or R1200GS TB?

So can someone state definitively, does the R1200GS Exclusive get a different seat to the standard R1200GS or R1200GS TB?

Should be easy enough to tell if you go into the configurator and look at the seat options for the Exclusive model.

As far as I know, the R1200GS Exclusive is a marketing name (possibly UK only) which refers to a fully, or near fully equipped GS, equivalent to the TE model, but with the addition of a different paint job (Brown) black engine, blingy gold brake calipers, and metal rather than plastic panels over the radiators. (TE is just a UK marketing name for a package including almost all of the optional bits.)

The R1200GS Exclusive spec does not, as far as I can tell, include different seats to the standard GS. I don't believe that what used to be called the Exclusive seats are part of that spec, and I think they have now been renamed to avoid that connotation. They were included on Triple Black models in the past - not sure if they are now. I think the TB versions are usually a Special Edition, and not always available, and which if I am being cynical, I would say is generally used to shift the last of the previous model when a new model comes out, so has/had additions like the Exclusive seats to make them more attractive.

Fred

Perhaps a 2% improvement over the regular GSA seat so a waste of money IMO, I have one sitting on the shelf I need to unload. Ordered a kit from Seat Concepts which comes with upgraded reshaped foam for the riders seat and matching cover for the passenger seat and installed it myself. 100% improvement over stock. Have one on my AT as well and it's great too.

I thought they were far better, everyone is different though

I went my first ride with the exclusive seats and find them better than stock seat based on riding round Yorkshire dales for around 6 hrs. If money is no problem, well worth it and Im glad I have them on mine. The standard seat is in my opinion good but it can rub a bit in hot weather the exclusive doesnt.

Back
Top Bottom