BMW Service Costs

DaveDay

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,
Sorry if this has been asked before, does anyone know how much BMW charge for servicing?
I’ve only had one service since buying the bike secondhand. It was at 10,000 miles and was a very reasonable £165. The guy at Tunbridge Wells told me then that the next one would probably cost around £500.

It would be nice to know the actual costs for budgeting purposes.

Thanks in advance

Mileage would help as they tend to be 6,000 OK....12,000 expensive....18,000 ok ...24,000 most expensive

Repeat.

Hi all,
Sorry if this has been asked before, does anyone know how much BMW charge for servicing?
I’ve only had one service since buying the bike secondhand. It was at 10,000 miles and was a very reasonable £165. The guy at Tunbridge Wells told me then that the next one would probably cost around £500.

It would be nice to know the actual costs for budgeting purposes.

Thanks in advance

My 12k service ( includes final drive lube and valve check) was £362. None of my valves were out but if they are the labour will go up especially if it’s more than one valve on different cams.

£100 ph labour +parts
I go with £500 at dealership every service
Or do it your self and save £100ss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was the final drive lube included in the 12k service or did you have to request...……….just asking as I have mine booked in shortly.

Phone around. I saved a fair bit going to Dick Lovetts insetead of Riders in Bristol.
Being pre owned is warranty an issue?, if not go to a decent motorcycle dealers near you that can do the job.

Riders have now closed down
They were rude, obnoxious and didn’t give a dam about anything they weren’t making money from.

I've had 4 services so far, the average has been £200, max £300. It the cheapest bike I've had to get serviced in many years. All my other bikes have been Japanese and cost a wee bit more, probably fairing removal/awkward top-end access has bumped up the labour costs.

A friend just paid over £600 for a 12K service on his Tiger Sport, no parts

As someone who had the 16K service done in my VFR800 twice, and unless there is something seriously wrong, BMW service charges have been with on a par or slightly cheaper for main dealer servicing than any other big bikes I’ve owned. The boxer engine makes life a bit easier as there’s generally little to do to get at the valves compared to, say an IL4 bike with fairings.

Anything is cheap after my Ducati. With belts every 2 years that service would be about £700 and for the big one at 24k ( I sold it at 22k) I was quoted £1k.

Agree with comments on riders, never had any good experiences with them. Varying from obnoxious service staff to being ignored by sales staff.

Riders have now closed down
They were rude, obnoxious and didn’t give a dam about anything they weren’t making money from

Main dealers with captive audience so to speak. M&Ps opening soon tho. Not sure if BMW side is Cardiff or Swansea.

Anything is cheap after my Ducati. With belts every 2 years that service would be about £700 and for the big one at 24k ( I sold it at 22k) I was quoted £1k.

Agree with comments on riders, never had any good experiences with them. Varying from obnoxious service staff to being ignored by sales staff.

Jeez that's expensive . I've just done a big service on my 1100 Multistrada cost was £103 inc engine oil, fuel, air and oil filters, spark plugs, clutch and brake fluid change. Timing belts are £85 for the pair. The only time I would take to a dealer is for anything that needs to be connected to a computer. It's worth investing in some tools and a manual.

The Desmo (valve clearance check/adjust) service on Ducatis is at either 15,000 or 18,000 mile intervals, depending on the bike's year of manufacture. Single-sided swing arm models such as the Multistrada 1200, Monster 1200 and the Diavel have had a rear hub strip & check added to the tasks to be performed. This has increased labour time on the service, and an invoiced cost of around £1,000 is now the norm for the Desmo service.

Although the belts on modern Ducatis are now changed every 5 years, the Desmo services are still mileage related. My experience has been that Ducatis do cost more to run than BMWs, especially when the bike is run to over 30,000 miles. But there are plenty of other ways to spend as much money, it all depends on how much you value the pleasure you receive in return. Each to their own, and all that. :beerjug:

Was the final drive lube included in the 12k service or did you have to request...……….just asking as I have mine booked in shortly.

Not sure about multies but on the 848/1098/1198 with the testastretta motor which is what I had, valves are every 7.5k miles and belts 15k or 2 years. I used to push the belts to 3 and did my own valve checks but didn’t have the specific tools to re shim a Desmo top end. Luckily I only ever needed 1 shim replaced during my ownership. Belts are easy to change but not a fan of the phone hertz app or twist method of tensioning.

Just had 24000 on ‘17’ gsa.......total cost with no extra bits and no brake fluid change was £352.78 inc vat.......brake fluid change was an extra £75

I had my 2016 GSA TE serviced by Coopers Tunbridge last Oct 18, they carried out a 2 Year service (done on time (from the time I had owned the bike) not miles, 16000 miles on clock).
Got them to look at brakes as had a health check done before went to Wales in the July and it was noted the front were a bit "soggy" also got them to do a "End of warranties" check
with the service and brake fluid change. Was £363:00. When I checked the bill, I found that they had charged me for a "air Filter", I had a K&N fitted, so the bill was reduced to £303:00. :D

I had my 2016 GSA TE serviced by Coopers Tunbridge last Oct 18, they carried out a 2 Year service (done on time (from the time I had owned the bike) not miles, 16000 miles on clock).
Got them to look at brakes as had a health check done before went to Wales in the July and it was noted the front were a bit "soggy" also got them to do a "End of warranties" check
with the service and brake fluid change. Was £363:00. When I checked the bill, I found that they had charged me for a "air Filter", I had a K&N fitted, so the bill was reduced to £303:00. :D

Obviously they never checked the air filter and that it was indeed a K&N air filter, just billed you for a BMW one

If they had looked in the filter housing then they would have seen your aftermarket air filter

What else did they fail to see or check/replace for your £363

Did they change the oil filter or just change the oil ??

Maybe more likely that the message didn't get to the service desk who then just billed to standard items? Not everything is either a rip off or a conspiracy - although that doesn't mean this wasn't either - or both! :D

Maybe more likely that the message didn't get to the service desk who then just billed to standard items? Not everything is either a rip off or a conspiracy - although that doesn't mean this wasn't either - or both! :D

Can you be sure though

I mean really sure

Back
Top Bottom