1250 it is !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mustn't say this time I agree with Warlord but I just did :D This thread is a wankfest of uber proportions, I very much doubt there has been one like it in all of UKGSer history. It is entertaining reading posters announcing themselves as clueless cnuts, you just know that they will be the first to be culled.

You seem to be forgetting that there are still a large number of riders who can afford to buy one without worrying about how to finance it who won’t be buying one because they have no faith in BMW quality management systems.

Bingo :thumb

You seem to be forgetting that there are still a large number of riders who can afford to buy one without worrying about how to finance it who won’t be buying one because they have no faith in BMW quality management systems.

BMW motorbikes used to be considered a premium brand with top quality meaning you paid top prices, those days are gone now. The only sensible option when it comes to buying a new BMW motorbike is to use a personal contract plan of some description because you can take it over a 3 year period and just give the bike back after choosing the next one. It’s not your bike, not your worry if it goes wrong and BMW will look after you because you’ll probably buy another one after saying how well they dealt with all the problems you had :blast

I'd just assumed those members would still be sat in a circle announcing themselves by name, followed by their abuse stories.

Lock them all in a room and set fire to the building. Onwards and downwards is our motto.

You have your orders, move out.

I'd just assumed those members would still be sat in a circle announcing themselves by name, followed by their abuse stories.

They’ll all be sat drinking coffee at their favourite BMW dealer where they’re already known by name because of the amount of time they’re forced to sit and wait while a mechanic checks their spokes.

That is why you should have a R1100S in the garage. No spokes to check, very good paint finish, securely bolted together because it vibrates, 17'' wheels :D, very reliable unstressed motor even though the brochure said 98 bhp :rolleyes:, suspension is rebuild-able basic Showa shocks, original ethos of air cooled boxer (even though it has an oil cooler), easy and cheap to maintain even if the local dealer does the servicing, sporty but comfortable and just right for the road, can take the missus and luggage for a Alpine tour easily, they raced them you know, good ones are a rare find nowadays, more R90S's at Garmish than R1100S's, tasteful mods are hard to come by 2nd hand, with said engine mods it outperforms more powerful BMW GS's :D

Best bike BMW ever build. Those with older machines might disagree, like R69 owners :D

That is why you should have a R1100S in the garage. No spokes to check, very good paint finish, securely bolted together because it vibrates, 17'' wheels :D, very reliable unstressed motor even though the brochure said 98 bhp :rolleyes:, suspension is rebuild-able basic Showa shocks, original ethos of air cooled boxer (even though it has an oil cooler), easy and cheap to maintain even if the local dealer does the servicing, sporty but comfortable and just right for the road, can take the missus and luggage for a Alpine tour easily, they raced them you know, good ones are a rare find nowadays, more R90S's at Garmish than R1100S's, tasteful mods are hard to come by 2nd hand, with said engine mods it outperforms more powerful BMW GS's :D

Best bike BMW ever build. Those with older machines might disagree, like R69 owners :D

OMG How boring....

Imagine riding along and no drama of imminent wheel collapse, fork collapse, final drive collapse, engine eating itself, electronics failure, noisy tyres, flaking paint, or violent theft.

I swear if BMW invented knitting with wooden needles, we'd still find a way in the LC section to stab ourselves in the neck with them, or find some rare fungal corrosion.

Just for the drama....

The only sensible option when it comes to buying a new BMW motorbike is to use a personal contract plan of some description because you can take it over a 3 year period and just give the bike back :blast

Having learnt the hard-way i totally agree with you, i would happily be a beta tester for any brand however i would never purchase a new GS outright again, renting it gives a sense of knowing when the shit hits the fan its not really going to be your problem, long term.

Having learnt the hard-way i totally agree with you, i would happily be a beta tester for any brand however i would never purchase a new GS outright again, renting it gives a sense of knowing when the shit hits the fan its not really going to be your problem, long term.

Yes but it's not your own to modify and farkle.

Owning the bike outright, you are still protected under consumer laws, do what you want with it, and get assistance from Section 75 if needed. Plus warranty if you want to lean on that.

Taking back a PCP Bike with too many miles, or scratches, or broken or anything else will attract another bill as you are expected to look after it !! as it isn't yours.

Tipping a wheelbarrow full of broken bike parts onto the Showroom floor isn't ending your PCP Contract with a handshake. They'll be trouble.

I really don't understand why WBM are chasing more power, other than as a marketing tool :nenau

Does a bike like the GS need any more poke? Smoother fuelling, fatter mid, a bit more torque low down maybe but more peak bhp :nenau

Andres

The future is Tomos :rob

It’s that time again on the west coast of Idiotshire...

5fe3eab8ffc1ebb326509b93f4262293.png

"And so let’s hope the bike has 17" wheels, and blah blah this and blah blah that......."

This is UKGSER.
Isn’t there a US equivalent where the blinkered gobshite can go and talk utter utter bollocks instead ? And perhaps he could take The Norwegian Nuttjob with him ?

To all you wankers who are here spewing crap and don't even ride a GS-LC...this is a BMW ENTHUSIAST forum !
Why should we not get exited after 6 long years to finally see some engine upgrades and maybe even an all new R 1250 S-model ?
Even if Bennetts is right 136 hp is better than 125 and 140 NM TORQUE is more than the supercharged blob from Kawasaki is able to manage and is KTW 1301 or Ducati 1299 Panigale level torque...:thumb2
With VVL a first on motorcycles probably available at lower rpm and over a much bigger rpm band...:thumby:
And now tell those idiots around the world who make the 1200GS the best selling bike over 1000cc year after year how crap and low quality the GS really is and that they are better of riding Afreekatweens or Leady to Lace KTM's with soon superior Chinese quality while they still charge Austrian prices...:D

Most on here either own a GS or have done so in the past and it looks as if some would sooner see a return to the previous quality standards than a jump of 10bhp. I don’t discount ever buying a new BMW but when I bought my 1200 Multistrada it was the end of the last generation of GS, when I bought my 1190 there were already a lot of rumours about build quality but I had a test ride and preferred the 1190. When I bought my 1290 those rumours had been confirmed to a point that the WC was totally disregarded.

There’s a lot of truth in the statement that it takes 20 years to build a good reputation and 2 years to wreck it which is why my Multistrada wasn’t replaced with a newer model.

To all you wankers who are here spewing crap and don't even ride a GS-LC...this is a BMW ENTHUSIAST forum !
Why should we not get exited after 6 long years to finally see some engine upgrades and maybe even an all new R 1250 S-model ?
Even if Bennetts is right 136 hp is better than 125 and 140 NM TORQUE is more than the supercharged blob from Kawasaki is able to manage and is KTW 1301 or Ducati 1299 Panigale level torque...:thumb2
With VVL a first on motorcycles probably available at lower rpm and over a much bigger rpm band...:thumby:
And now tell those idiots around the world who make the 1200GS the best selling bike over 1000cc year after year how crap and low quality the GS really is and that they are better of riding Afreekatweens or Leady to Lace KTM's with soon superior Chinese quality while they still charge Austrian prices...:D

Let it go.

You guys crack me up...when it comes to build quality and reliability I take a GS-LC over any KTM or Ducati.The LC is probably one of the highest quality and longest lasting bike currently on sale today.
I would not say the same about the indian made 310 or the F700/850 with their taiwanese made engines.
But some guys need to get real here...There is a reason why you see mostly BMW-1200 GS LC and AC bikes on the way up to Alaska or down to Tierra del Fuego and not KTM or Multistradas !
And I' rather ride my 2017 GS-LC than my ex 1100/1150GS which were dogs and definitely not better or worse quality.I'd rather have the wet-clutch and no alternator belt of the new one...
I remember when the all new R1100GS came out and the idiots were crying murder how you could only do the round the world trip on a real BMW with carburetors nd 2 valves that were so much more reliable.And then my diode board and rear drive on my R100GS gave up on the same trip.That reminds me of the same crap some people spew today...
Compared a 2012 R1200GS-ADV triple black with the 2017 ADV the old one had more soul and felt more like a real boxer being less smooth and refined and heaving more the heavy flywheel nothing can stall it feel.But otherwise the new ADV is the better one I'd rather ride;A little faster,more stable and still quicker steering,bigger contact patch of the tires,no throttle bodies to sync and wet clutch/no splitting the bike to repace clutch or leaky rmseal.
If the new 1250 get's more power even better...:thumb2
As for the R1100S being the best BMW ever made...The R1100S is still a very good looking bike you can tour and ride back roads on but it is too slow and the engine gets to coarse above 4500 rpm.With the centerstand it does not have enough ground clearance and valve covers/bag lids can drag.The tank is a little small and it has no gear indicator...time has moved on ! I had 2 and would love to see a modern version of it...:thumby:
Until then I'd rather ride my GS-ADV that is faster on backroads and more comfortable doing so...

So KTM can be criticised for building bikes in China but not BMW for building the 310 range in a factory in India or buying in the new 750/850 engines in from a Chinese factory , wheels (the ones falling to bits ) and switchgear from China etc etc AND THE BLOODY HYPOCRITES ARE STILL CHARGING GERMAN PRICES.

Second that

I also would love this to come out , having previously had the 1200 S version

You guys crack me up...when it comes to build quality and reliability I take a GS-LC over any KTM or Ducati.The LC is probably one of the highest quality and longest lasting bike currently on sale today.
I would not say the same about the indian made 310 or the F700/850 with their taiwanese made engines.
But some guys need to get real here...There is a reason why you see mostly BMW-1200 GS LC and AC bikes on the way up to Alaska or down to Tierra del Fuego and not KTM or Multistradas !
And I' rather ride my 2017 GS-LC than my ex 1100/1150GS which were dogs and definitely not better or worse quality.I'd rather have the wet-clutch and no alternator belt of the new one...
I remember when the all new R1100GS came out and the idiots were crying murder how you could only do the round the world trip on a real BMW with carburetors nd 2 valves that were so much more reliable.And then my diode board and rear drive on my R100GS gave up on the same trip.That reminds me of the same crap some people spew today...
Compared a 2012 R1200GS-ADV triple black with the 2017 ADV the old one had more soul and felt more like a real boxer being less smooth and refined and heaving more the heavy flywheel nothing can stall it feel.But otherwise the new ADV is the better one I'd rather ride;A little faster,more stable and still quicker steering,bigger contact patch of the tires,no throttle bodies to sync and wet clutch/no splitting the bike to repace clutch or leaky rmseal.
If the new 1250 get's more power even better...:thumb2
As for the R1100S being the best BMW ever made...The R1100S is still a very good looking bike you can tour and ride back roads on but it is too slow and the engine gets to coarse above 4500 rpm.With the centerstand it does not have enough ground clearance and valve covers/bag lids can drag.The tank is a little small and it has no gear indicator...time has moved on ! I had 2 and would love to see a modern version of it...:thumby:
Until then I'd rather ride my GS-ADV that is faster on backroads and more comfortable doing so...

Attachments

• IMG_0466.JPG
    IMG_0466.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 202
Mine (R1100S) doesn't have a centre stand as standard from the factory, neither does it go coarse past 4,5k rpm, plus it has a gear indicator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom