1200R toolkit

adventuredon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on a 2015 1200R. I looked under the pillion seat to see if there was a toolkit and there wasn't. Further research revealed that tools were stashed on the underneath of the seats of the RS bikes. So where can the 1200R toolkit be found, or what does the toolkit consist of please? Is it also under the riders seat?

Tools should be stored on the underside of the riders seat but it's no biggy if they're missing as you only get a few things like the oil filler cap tool (end of the screwdriver handle) and screwdriver plus a few other bits and they're easy to find used on ebay. You can remove the oil filler cap with a large hex head anyway or buy the tool. Other ones handy to have are the after market coil pack puller tool and a few torx bits for removal of bodywork.

Tools should be stored on the underside of the riders seat but it's no biggy if they're missing as you only get a few things like the oil filler cap tool (end of the screwdriver handle) and screwdriver plus a few other bits and they're easy to find used on ebay. You can remove the oil filler cap with a large hex head anyway or buy the tool. Other ones handy to have are the after market coil pack puller tool and a few torx bits for removal of bodywork.
Thanks. Got most tools from the 1200 GS I had. I didn’t look under riders seat. They are probably there. The bike looks like it was loved.

Back
Top Bottom