2007 1200 GS UK power 22k in

I had a 2017 plate bike, I think mine was the first revision that was done, abs, slipper clutch, traction control. Great fun bike, had a complete Black Widow system on it that just deafened you, you really had to wear ear plugs all the time but it sounded like the Charge of the Light Brigade! Similar riding position I thought to the GS but just smaller, but not as easy to ride, the reviews saying they were snatchy were right in truth I thought but I lived with it.

We spend a lot of time in Scotland, will be there this weekend, do you know your link doesn't work?

That would have been a Gen 2 MT-09. Same engine as mine just more refined electronics. Mine came with a full Akrapovič system and an Öhlins on the rear. As I said, I've had it mapped on the dyno by my local race shop and I've fitted Andreani cartridges into the fork legs.

I bought it as a second bike that's a bit easier to move around and for my son to use this year when we're planning on towing some Californian friends
on rented bikes around the Highlands and Islands.

Where will you be this weekend? The link doesn't work because I've snoozed the Airbnb listing for the moment.

424679554_10161025860593398_4066243604125069397_n.jpg

Reactions: MtM
That would have been a Gen 2 MT-09. Same engine as mine just more refined electronics. Mine came with a full Akrapovič system and an Öhlins on the rear. As I said, I've had it mapped on the dyno by my local race shop and I've fitted Andreani cartridges into the fork legs.

I bought it as a second bike that's a bit easier to move around and for my son to use this year when we're planning on towing some Californian friends
on rented bikes around the Highlands and Islands.

Where will you be this weekend? The link doesn't work because I've snoozed the Airbnb listing for the moment.

View attachment 302885
That's a smart mt09, I can't place the colour scheme tbh. I do miss mine, they are so small you can just jump on them and rip off, very comfortable, not much range but that is not what they are for, I still regret selling mine but I needed the money.

We will be in the Trossachs this weekend, Bridge of Allan way for part of it at least. The Trossachs Trail is a superb bike trip, Duke's Pass and riding along Loch Venachar, just superb if you know it around there, some tremendous roads.

That's a smart mt09, I can't place the colour scheme tbh. I do miss mine, they are so small you can just jump on them and rip off, very comfortable, not much range but that is not what they are for, I still regret selling mine but I needed the money.

We will be in the Trossachs this weekend, Bridge of Allan way for part of it at least. The Trossachs Trail is a superb bike trip, Duke's Pass and riding along Loch Venachar, just superb if you know it around there, some tremendous roads.

The bike is a very plain metallic grey all over - restrained, like me... :)

It's many years since I last did the Duke's Pass. I'm sure I was on my VFR so that would be 2004 or earlier.

IMG_0624.jpeg

Reactions: MtM
The bike is a very plain metallic grey all over - restrained, like me... :)

It's many years since I last did the Duke's Pass. I'm sure I was on my VFR so that would be 2004 or earlier.

View attachment 303034
Ah that's a better picture! That's a great exhaust, just like my Black Widow, 3 into 1 just howls! It must have cost some, the BW was really quite cheap, presumably because they're so small and easy to fit.

Check both main coil sticks are working. They notorious for failing. Check by unplugging lower secondary coil connection, then see if the bike starts and runs on just the main coils,
I did a bit of research, found this video on youtube, seems to be what you are talking about yes?

BTW the guy has a great accent who does the video :)

why has this post descended into talking about mopeds...

very seldom do you spend most of your time riding, trying to use the last 1mm of throttle travel 500rpm away from the rev limiter - that is not a good example of a bike's performance... often there are other fools in the way, and here having 30ft lbs more torque at 5000k rpm than the other bike, means you are already home before they instigated a few thousand gear changes trying to work out where you went

Back
Top Bottom