New but not (1250GS)

putt1ck

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all

Just on my way back to a GS and this forum. It's been a while - I sold my last one c.2007, partly because I was no longer doing the miles and partly because there was just too many of them around post-Long Way Round. Tried road bikes for a while, but missed the view and ended up buying blind the KTM1190 after Ride magazine did their beta test. Been with KTM ever since but it seems you can't get Business use insurance on a Group 17 bike any more... So (triple) black is the new orange, just waiting on the delivery date (ex-demo). I tried the Tiger 1200, but the 1250 made me LOL on the overtakes. Definitely a step up from the old 1200!

PS GPS question coming soon...

Hi all

Just on my way back to a GS and this forum. It's been a while - I sold my last one c.2007, partly because I was no longer doing the miles and partly because there was just too many of them around post-Long Way Round. Tried road bikes for a while, but missed the view and ended up buying blind the KTM1190 after Ride magazine did their beta test. Been with KTM ever since but it seems you can't get Business use insurance on a Group 17 bike any more... So (triple) black is the new orange, just waiting on the delivery date (ex-demo). I tried the Tiger 1200, but the 1250 made me LOL on the overtakes. Definitely a step up from the old 1200!

PS GPS question coming soon...
Welcome back.
Plenty of advice on GPS - sounds like XT2 is the place to be, at least after my Nav 6 fails.........
Will be interested to hear your views on how the Forum looks after 15 years away.

Well there's a lot more people here now than there was :LOL:

My GPS question was more about "what are the practical options for fitting stuff to the pre-installed cradle?" closely followed by "does anyone know if there's an adapter to fit my trusty (old, small but gets you through the city streets) Zumo 346?"

Have you had a look if there is a 3DAM adaptor for your Zumo 346? I have one for my XT and a friend has one for his TomTom.

Have you had a look if there is a 3DAM adaptor for your Zumo 346? I have one for my XT and a friend has one for his TomTom.
I did start to look, but then found out the cost of the replacement mount and power cable that timings and circumstance had meant I'd left on the KTM when it was collected. So I did buy the 3DAM but also an XT (and sold the 346 to a car driver ;) )

Back
Top Bottom