2007 / 2008 X Country Adjustable Seat Height Question

mgpaulie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
H Folks, I see that the seat height for a 2007 / 2008 X country is noted as being adjustable 870mm down to 840mm. Being short legged 870mm is a bit high, and 840mm manageable.

How is the seat height adjusted? Is it by adjustment or removal of the rubber bungs under the seat or does the bike just come with a lower seat @ 840mm when new?

I know the 2009 x country came with an option for seat height down to 800mm and that 2009 seat will fit an earlier model x country so would go for a 2009 model seat if I could get my hands on one.

Thx

the seat is lowered by using the different rubber buffers.
the oem catalogues only show an x challenge picture, with the pump for the air shock.
afaik the seat frames are the same, otherwise it wouldn't fit into the front lugs, or the two on the aluminium frame.
john from here might have a spare?
good luck

Using google. Found this on ADV - Claimed to be a low seat- no idea if true but its a lead.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231213_123207_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20231213_123207_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 12
The seat cannot be lowered , the 870mm down to 840mm was by using a low seat

You could drop the forks down and fit a shorter rear shock but that isn't a cheap option

Best way is probably to get your existing seat lowered by removing some of the foam

the seat is lowered by using the different rubber buffers.
the oem catalogues only show an x challenge picture, with the pump for the air shock.
afaik the seat frames are the same, otherwise it wouldn't fit into the front lugs, or the two on the aluminium frame.
john from here might have a spare?
good luck
The XCountry seat is completely different to an XChallenge/XMoto seat

The rubber buffers only come in one size (around 10mm high)

You could drop the forks down and fit a shorter rear shock but that isn't a cheap option

Best way is probably to get your existing seat lowered by removing some of the foam

I raised the fork legs through the yokes and adjusted the rear shock down to its shortest setting on the threaded bottom mount. That was just about low enough...

Hi John, I had a notion that the 840mm could have been a low seat option. I think the 2009 model seat fits the earlier models - is that correct?

I guess my options are to do what you suggest re removing some foam or look for a low seat from an 2007 / 2008 model or maybe a standard or low seat of a 2009 model assuming it fits.

I raised the fork legs through the yokes and adjusted the rear shock down to its shortest setting on the threaded bottom mount. That was just about low enough...

Hi Schtum, do you know what the seat height was when you did this?
Was the any adverse effect on the rear shock by screwing it down to its lowest setting ?

Thx

Hi John, I had a notion that the 840mm could have been a low seat option. I think the 2009 model seat fits the earlier models - is that correct?

I guess my options are to do what you suggest re removing some foam or look for a low seat from an 2007 / 2008 model or maybe a standard or low seat of a 2009 model assuming it fits.

Yes the later model XCountry seat will fit the earlier model

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@mgpaulie
I have a 2007 that I was fortunate enough to obtain from John of this parish. I'm currently in Norn Iron due to a family bereavement but I suspect my 07 has a low seat. John, would you know offhand? If so, a swap could be an option as I could do with more legroom ... although I do use an air hawk which enables that too. I won't be back in Scotland until late next week earliest so can't check until then. Depending on your timescale, we could have a fix for us both ... unless my seat is a standard one too of course. I was used to a tall seat though previously, so I might be misguided.

@mgpaulie
I have a 2007 that I was fortunate enough to obtain from John of this parish. I'm currently in Norn Iron due to a family bereavement but I suspect my 07 has a low seat. John, would you know offhand? If so, a swap could be an option as I could do with more legroom ... although I do use an air hawk which enables that too. I won't be back in Scotland until late next week earliest so can't check until then. Depending on your timescale, we could have a fix for us both ... unless my seat is a standard one too of course. I was used to a tall seat though previously, so I might be misguided.
I'm pretty sure the seat was a standard height seat not a low one . You can check the seat pan for a sticker with a part number ( the number on the plastic seat base is the same on all seats as it is just for the base not the complete seat assembly)

You could also measure the thickness of the seat in the riders portion of the seat

Back
Top Bottom