Africa Twin top box query

Dave56

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a 2020 standard Africa Twin and wanted to check if any other Africa Twin owner has used this rear rack fixing plate - (part number 08L80 MKS E00 see photo) - to fit directly onto the standard Honda rack.
I currently have the Givi set up which includes metal side stays (see photo) which places my 42ltr Givi Outback Trekker top box too far to the rear and too high so I’m looking at trying to bring the top box further forward but unsure as to whether this mounting plate will fit OK.
IMG_0944.jpegIMG_2461.jpeg

It looks like you have the same rack as is fitted to my Adventure sports

IMG_20240106_153530506.jpg

IMG_20240106_153828766.jpgIMG_20240106_153808974_HDR.jpg

I dont use a topbox much only when the missus (rarely) goes out on the bike. I can fit an old Kappa plastic topbox to this fitting. It mounts the box with backrest a little too far forward reducing the amount of pillion space. If the photo of the rack part number matches yours the givi mounting plate should work. 81211 - MKSA

The one you have fitted is the one I’d like as a replacement for my current set up and as your underside photo seems to show would fit my standard AT.
As the wife no longer travels on the pillion the fact that it brings the top box forward will be better. It will also lower it as currently when my bike on the main stand the top box sits far to high, as per photo.
I just need to check that in the new position it doesn’t interfere with the pannier lids etc before I order one.
Thanks for your help Mzokk, much appreciate. (y)
IMG_1624.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom