Another mystery trip involving many wheels!

Looks a great place. A visit is planned next time we're in Barga
Think it's the most Scottish village in Italy, sheer numbers of people from Barga that settled in Scotland.....my friend is one (born in Scotland, Grandparents from Barga), he has a nice place in the hills near Lucca and we head to Barga when ever we are in Tuscany ..... very welcoming people and close ties 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇮🇹

Think it's the most Scottish village in Italy, sheer numbers of people from Barga that settled in Scotland.....my friend is one (born in Scotland, Grandparents from Barga), he has a nice place in the hills near Lucca and we head to Barga when ever we are in Tuscany ..... very welcoming people and close ties 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇮🇹
Wife's grandmother was from Barga so her father has a place there. And yes, very Scottish.

Good to see the game bag doubling as a holiday holdall.
Very much enjoying your story so far, thanks.
Perfect for the job...waterproofs in the string bit, rest of kit inside....its not too big; don't like to load myself down on a shoot day.....
So on round Florence...a marvel round every corner..

1000005655.jpg

looks better in the sun...1000005685.jpg

Wandered through the piazzas to Ponte Vechio....once home to butchers and abattoirs, now jewels and gold.
Lots of upmarket shops etc..something for everyone...1000005659.jpg1000005660.jpg

Ponte Vechio has a special corridor above it so the Medici didn't have to mix wirh ordinary folk and poor people. Renaissance Commodore Class sort of thing...1000005676.jpg

We found a place called Trattoria ZaZa, 4 minute walk from the hotel...obviously very popular and with a small queue, but after a 2 minute wait were ushered straight in.
A very acceptable supper of mixed crostini... and parma ham/ melon, followed by ravioli, and carbonara....nearly as good as my own.

1000005687.jpg

Astonished to see an enormous queue had biilt up ...good timing.
The timing of the hol was based on Cherrys birthday, 28 March.
This year that coincides with Easter/Holy Week so everything is busy, but theres lots to see.
I wouldn't want to be here at the height of the tourist season!
Up promptly today for another adventure...we'll be away from the hotel all day, but hopefully will be able to grab something from the breakfast room...b/fast normally starting at 7.30....to see us on our way...

Reactions: Doc
Tripe will forever be one of lifes mysterys for me I'm afraid.
I've watched stalkers, ghillies remove the tripe from a stag, rinse it in a burn, fling it in the back of an argo and take it home. Hopefully for the dog?

Any how, out into a dreich day, hike 12 mins to the assembly point and into our luxury coach....'Commodore' ?.....and set off for the day. Several wheels.

Managed to grab coffee, juice, croissant, ham, cheese, so malnourishment will not be an issue.

Last edited:
Into the Tuscan countryside.
Many a lip will be curled at the thought of a coach trip, but it means someone else has to worry about parking, navigation etc etc.
I have nothing to prove to anyone about my european travel skills so relax and enjoy the scenery!

All of the burns, rivers etc...including the Arno in Florence, appear to be 'in flood'...I don't think the wet weather is typical. No matter...my Berghaus is waterproof...

Back
Top Bottom