BMW 1150 GS - spotlights suggestions

Here are a set I fitted to my 1150GS.
No idea what brand they are but they are bright.
I bent up my own bracket and have them stabilised with small turnbuckles off the back bracing back to the upper crash bar.
They are direct fed from the fuse box run and switched through a relay so they can only operate on full beam (switch on the rhbar)
Only issue is when I come off the spots I am riding blind
View attachment 536454
View attachment 536455
View attachment 536456

Dude those are huge… I’m probably looking for something a bit smaller but cheers!

My old aux lights were HID converted by Les Wassell, but it seems like his website is defunct. Great lights, but all those boxes...

Denalis were so much easier to install, bought their loom and a gizmo to run the lights at 50 or 100 percent according to the headlight being on dip or main. Dropped the Migsel bar by 20mm with spacers to keep the lights a little further from the indicators. Not too mad looking.

52037067207_8f31f49022_b.jpg

Old wiring. GAH!

52034584402_6335d5b3ed_b.jpg

These lights came fitted to the GS I recently purchased.

Seem to work well but admittedly I've not ridden them at night.

Everything you need in the box such as a relay and switch. 5 year warranty. £135.

These lights came fitted to the GS I recently purchased.

Seem to work well but admittedly I've not ridden them at night.

Everything you need in the box such as a relay and switch. 5 year warranty. £135.

Just had a look at their range of auxiliary lights. Not bad at all and pretty reasonable priced. I’m thinking these might suit my purposes:

What you need is a great big set of Hellas.Feck all this trendy stuff. Hook them up to the battery and full beam switch via a relay and a switch so you can use full beam alone if you need to (can't think why mind!) and off you go. When you smash one,20 quid off ebay and you're back in business.

Attachments

• pets1.jpg
    pets1.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 15
On mine I stuck a couple of 10w LED's either side of the Headlights that I run as DRL's during the day and spots at night. About £17, quid but I did wire them through a relay taking a switched wire from the rear indicators. The main and diped beam are LED's which required purchase of rubber boots to fit over the LED light fans. Total cost £55. I have wired the front main lights with supaseal connectors so I can go back to standard Halogen in 10mins. Plenty of light now and descret looking. Been through 3 NI mot's without reverting to halogen tester didn't even comment.

Attachments

• IMG_20230123_153419890.jpg
    IMG_20230123_153419890.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 14
A light bar fits well on these, it days gone we used to fit a pair of Hella FF50 for main beam (fairly cheap) and Hella micro-DE for dip, they worked pretty well.

Made my own bar to bolt up under the mudguard with spacers and bought some cheap Chinese spots with wiring and switch, 70 mile daily winter commute, best upgrade for under £20. You can by a bunch of cheap spots before you have spent what one set of the above could cost.

Call me cheap but they work.

Back
Top Bottom