BMW 2021 1250GS Brake Light Not Working Alarm?

Martylaa

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Finally got to get a ride out this morning on my 2021 1250GS, its on a optimal charger throughout winter and battery has always maintained a healthy charge.

Started first time and then wheeled it out the the garage and then I got a pop up, Rear Brake indicator not working. So I tried all the brakes and its working fine?

Is there anyway I can turn this off permanently or do I need to go back to the dealers with it?

Similar thing happened to me recently when collecting my R1250 GSA from dealer after its service. Bike started fine and that brake light message popped up. Checked the light and it was working fine. I'm used to the occasional pop up for tyre pressures and ABS/ASC where there is no issue. This has happened from new. Messages have always cleared after turning ignition off and on. The ECU nevertheless has registered the 'faults'. Same this time. If yours hasn't cleared, it suggests to me there might be an issue.

Dealer informed me false messages can appear due to external factors such as nearby electronic interferences.

I’ve rang BMW, the service guy has asked me to bring it back in, said he’s seen this before and it’s usually a connection fault, he did say it will be a quick fix.

The lights are all working fine just can’t clear the pop up alarm, triangle is always there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I have to say I'm bloody impressed with BMW's warranty. So on their advice I took the bike to the dealership this morning, they had already informed me of two recall's on the bike. One for the footrest clips which they will change and also the other for the gearbox software update. So the bike was left with them and a loaner was given to me to ge the home. They've just been in touch to say the rear brake is indeed showing a fault and needs replacing and also they have discovered the exhaust manifold flap is stuck and so they are replacing that as well even though I didn't have a fault. All work covered by the warranty and hopefully all done tomorrow. Have to say well done BMW as this is night and day warranty care compared to a certain Aprillia dealer who I had a bloody nightmare with regarding a failed battery on a Buono 660 a couple of years ago.

Back
Top Bottom