BMW gs 1200 adv no damping

Rpegoraro

Reaction score
Hi guys
I’ve notice a knock on my rear suspension every time when I go through a bump or pothole, I’ve send the bike to bmw motorrad and they said the bike is completely fine and also my tyre needs to be replaced. But I’m not happy with their conclusion, that’s why I’ve decided to go for a second opinion from another bmw dealership, also heard another opinion from independent mechanics (Ducati/bmw) it does rebound fast. Probably I have no damping but the previous bmw dealership said the bike was fine but seems a mechanical issue . Any help please

Dealers have the required test equipment to test shocks, and believe me, will tell you straight away if its failed / failing !!!

The shocks are only warranted to 30K, after that its good will and replace 1.1K with goodwill was my cost when my 39k shock failed !!!

Dealers have the required test equipment to test shocks, and believe me, will tell you straight away if its failed / failing !!!

The shocks are only warranted to 30K, after that its good will and replace 1.1K with goodwill was my cost when my 39k shock failed !!!

Hello mate
My bike has only 10500 miles it shouldn’t be happening

The shock absorber has two internal circuits, one for compression and one for rebound, the rebound has no control.

The rebound seals failed... that's why it bounces back with a hit.

Recovery has no control.

It probably doesn't ride that well and feels soft and spongy, especially in corners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom