Eynsford Ride Out: Sunday 9th March

judge

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Chislehurst Borders (According to the estate agent
At 09:28 according to the time sponsored by 'McKelvey' I arrived on the Riverside at Eynsford to be met by some 21 GS's!! Who had assembled for our inaugural ride-out to Wessons Cafe in Horam, East Sussex. By the time run leader, Squadron Leader Reynolds had done the welcome and briefing and two more GS's had joined us we set off on the saunter down to our destination for brekkers.

Due to excellent run leading, some timely marshalling at a few key junctions en-route and a steady pace we managed to keep all 23 GS's together from start to finish.

It was a busy day down there this morning but a well organised kitchen ensured no-one was left waiting too long for their sustenance. Rumours of queue jumping were investigated by yours truly and I can state uncategorically these ourageous accusations were entirely without foundation ;)

A few familiar faces were lying in wait for us when we arrived (one or two completely unexpected) and a few from the coastal regions joined us at the cafe.

Many of the 23 who left from Eynsford were unfamiliar faces and it was good to see you, hopefully you'll come again. I apologise for not getting a chance to chat to you all but the packed cafe and a hot plate of brekkers made it a difficult task. If it was your first time with us we hope you enjoyed your time with us and we may see you on the 27th March for our next meet.

On behalf of the Squadron Leader (Phil Reynolds) and myself, thanks for turning out and giving us the encouragement to organise these events for you. See you all soon, ride safe.

I'll post a couple of piccies here, the rest will be in the picture gallery later.

Piccie 2

Do not adjust your monitors folks, the chappie in the brown jacket enjoying the company of Dave_h, Dave_h's mate (nice shade of green leathers), 'Posh Tart' Allison, Dave McKelvey and Squadron Leader is none other than Mike Oughton, yes he of titanium rebuilt tibia and fibula, king of the Song Thread & Word Game who drove down from Norfolk this morning and beat us there!!

Attachments

• dsc00017.jpg
    dsc00017.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 350
Thanks to Phil and Andy

Thanks for the run today chaps - I had a great time and I think that everyone there did also.

The run down with the Squadron Leader up front was at a sedate pace to make sure that that the old "Marakesh Express"(!) acting as Tail end Charlie could keep up and the company, the assortment of bikes and the even greater assortment of bolt-ons (not excluding Mike O's leg reinforcement) was enough to keep anyones interest.

A few people commented on the "wide tail" - so the enormous expense incurred supporting Malkeys alternative lifestyle seems to be worthwhile.

Always good to think of things to do in the future even if its a bit of a b*gger to even hint at volunteering to arrange it.
so
How do you think a treasure hunt type event would be on bikes? I've done a few for cars in the past and perhaps a few runs out could get enough questions and answers together for a Sunday's entertainment.

:D Respect to Mike.O - top bannana m8 !:D

Good turn out guys !...looks like the S.west will have to pull their fingers out,

Bilks.(weres Enysford ?)

Re: Piccie 2

judge said:
Do not adjust your monitors folks, the chappie in the brown jacket enjoying the company of Dave_h, Dave_h's mate (nice shade of green leathers), 'Posh Tart' Allison, Dave McKelvey and Squadron Leader is none other than Mike Oughton, yes he of titanium rebuilt tibia and fibula, king of the Song Thread & Word Game who drove down from Norfolk this morning and beat us there!!

It was a great run out led by squadron leader reynolds (on the far left of this piccie preparing for his solo flight home)
As you can see from the piccie Mike was in good form but as you can see was always checking on his leg just incase it was starting to 'fall off' in all the exitement!!;)

Good run !
Good company!
Bloody good laugh!

:beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug:

I'll just add my thanks to a well organised run. What a well behaved bunch of bikers we were. Very few speed limits exceeded and me and judge didn't have to work very hard to keep up. :D :D

Good to meet MikeO finally (hope the leg does heal well enough for you to get to the bakerman bash by bike Mike) and at least to say hello to few guys I didn't know (Hi Charlie and Jeff) and see a number of others who were pointed out to me.

For those of you who are interested (none probably) I spent 3 hours dismantling the macerator and still couldn't fix it. Shit ! (in more ways than one :D )

See you all at the next one.

When is it Andy btw ????

Cheers

Dick

Re: Thanks to Phil and Andy

woodsie said:

The run down with the Squadron Leader up front was at a sedate pace to make sure that that the old "Marakesh Express"(!) acting as Tail end Charlie could keep up
Yep you're right Woodsie, they are so sllllloooooowww these ancient 100GS's. So slow in fact we'll see if Howard can bring his old jalopy out next time and have him lead, it'll be good to see you keep up, especially when he dives down a trail or RUPP and you fancy dans on your cloned 1150GS's get all unnecessary at the merest hint of dirt - oh how I will laugh!! :D :D

Re: Thanks to Phil and Andy

woodsie said:
Always good to think of things to do in the future even if its a bit of a b*gger to even hint at volunteering to arrange it.
so
How do you think a treasure hunt type event would be on bikes? I've done a few for cars in the past and perhaps a few runs out could get enough questions and answers together for a Sunday's entertainment.
Where I come from we call that volunteering - well done. when you have something formed up in your mind give us a shout and I'll look to book it on the calendar :D

Judge,

Just to make your day complete :D - the grubby Cavalier's radiator exploded 25 miles down the road, so it's going home with the AA whilst I continue my journey in a hired [SIZE=0.5]Skoda[/SIZE] , courtesy of AA Relay plus....:D

Good to see you all

MikeO:cool:

Nice to meet up with folks.

Thanks for organising the run.

See you soon

Thanks ...

for a warm welcome from Phil, Iain, Dick and all the others.

Had to leave early and as I was getting my helmet on, one of the SOHRC (Self Obsessed Harley Riders Club) members on a Fat Boy (I was paying attention) asked why it was so busy today. I replied that the CS club was there.

"What's a GS?" replied the bank manager in pristine leather chaps. So of course I pointed out the rather attractive silver beast ... and he graced me with an "Oh!", before executing a rather neat 147 point turn ...

Squadron leader Reynolds on the 'Officers table'!:D

Attachments

• wing commander.jpg
    wing commander.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 165
Some GS 'Guys and Dolls' take over Wessons!

Attachments

• the gs\'ers at wessons.jpg
    the gs\'ers at wessons.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 189
'Bloody English Weather done it to me bike again' as S.Africans Dirk and michelle wonder when the sun will ever arrive in this country:D

Attachments

• the s.africans.jpg
    the s.africans.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 208
" Can i get my bike out please" which one of these BMW's are yours!!

Attachments

• bike car park wessons.jpg
    bike car park wessons.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 155
"Oh no we never run out of that here God forbid"

Attachments

• marmite.jpg
    marmite.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 153
Mike O said:
Judge,

Just to make your day complete :D - the grubby Cavalier's radiator exploded 25 miles down the road, so it's going home with the AA whilst I continue my journey in a hired [SIZE=0.5]Skoda[/SIZE] , courtesy of AA Relay plus....:D
Mike having seen that fine example of carmanship close up I'm surprised it got you all the way from Scarning to Horam (jump leads duly noted in the back)!! It must've been sitting for a while I suppose. Delighted car ownership doesn't appear to impinge on your motorcycling indulgencies!! RESPECT :D

Enjoy the Skoda, presumably its a Fabia or Octavia, they are both sound motors!! Did they stump up an auto-box for ya?

Thanks for a good day out chaps; both my son and myself enjoyed it. I hope you didn’t mind a couple of non “Gsers” tagging along, we don’t yet have the money for those big beasts!
We have only ever been on a ride out before & that was with a vintage club so that was a very, very sedate ride!
I glad to say that my son’s little 250 Yamaha & my F650st managed to keep up without any problems. Everyone we spoke to made us feel very welcome, which was nice.
I was one of those asking about the “wide tail” and was told I would be able to find a link off of this forum. I’m still looking because they worked really well & would like to get some. So if any one can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks again for a good day out & we would like to do it again some time (if you don’t mind) won’t be able to go at the end of this month I on a sailing course.
John (Jackwabbit) Hare

Back
Top Bottom