Eynsford Ride Out: Sunday 9th March

Good day out, boys and girls.

Sorry we had to leave so soon, but had to get back to Eynsford to collect the sprogs.

Captain Beaky is there in the picture - far left with the discreet pink and yellow triangle pattern on the screen:D

Thats Battyman there how does he do it , two places at once.

Do some work Charlie your country kneads you, you could start with the plumbing.

dave_h said:
'Bloody English Weather done it to me bike again' as S.Africans Dirk and michelle wonder when the sun will ever arrive in this country:D

Strangely my GPS got us home in less time than we took to Wessons.....?

Thanks for a great ride out fellow GS'rs and despite the weather which I sometimes believe we South-Africans moan about slightly less than the English we still had a fabulous day! :D

Hope to do this on a more regular basis!

Cheers
:gringo

Eynsford aftermath

Hello everyone, Squadron leader Phil here.
Well done and a big thank you to everyone who made the effort in our very first Eynsford ride-out. It was a total success. I agree it was a sedate ride down to Wesson's, I didn't plan it that way I just thought it would be an achievment if we could all stay together and arrive en-masse. And what a sight we must have made! At least twenty GS's plus (two?) Scarvers and a Pan European completing the line-up. I've been out on rides in the past, (not BMW though) where from the start, the leaders have roared of and the whole ride-out is split into fragmented groups which in my mind is not the the spirit of a ride-out. (Anyone care to make any comments?)

Anyway, judging by the response from some of the GSers who were there, they all had a good time.........and that's what it's all about.

My thanks also go to Andy aka Judge, for doing excellent service as the 'tail end charlie' who ensured that we didn't get to lose anyone.

Well guys and gals, do you want to do it again? anyoone got any good suggestions to consider for the next one? for my two penn'orth, how about the possibility of a ride-out down to SPC near Alton in Hampshire, or if we really want to be ambitious, how about Sammy Millers motorbike Museum, again in Hampshire?

either PM me, or post your thoughts/ideas onto this bb.

lastly, thanks to Barry aka Geezer, for riding back with me and giving me the reason to wind my bike up to 112mph! on the A21,
sure got back quicker on the return journey!

Thats it for now, let's see what we can come up with in the future.

Ride safe & take care

Phil:beerjug:

Is there no shame!!!

notadrop said:
Jackwabbit.....looking for Malky's widetail site?
Go here and scroll down to bike bits - tell Malky Notadrop sent you.:D
http://www.malray.co.uk/
So is this is how its going to be now Notadrrrrrrrop? Shamelessly trawl the forums looking for referral opportunities, tacky, exploitative and downright shameful.... Oh and jackwabbit when you do get in touch with Malky the referral code you'll need is AH01 :D

Yep a good run n good fun

Nice to meet some of you in the flesh

I do like the sound of some of your aftermarket exhausts

Me thinks i will have to spend some more dough on the beast

I was glad on of the hog riders moved his bike, it was quite tight in the front bikepark.

I might have to bring my stabilisers next time

thanks for a great day 350 miles all in.

till next time

Mush,

I do like the sound of some of your aftermarket exhausts

I know what you mean, I weakened after around 24 hours, doesn't she sound nice with the new Remus fitted. Oh yes.

I must state however that there doesn't seems to be alot of difference in loudness with or without the baffle fitted, perhaps it's just me:confused:

What to spend the Bonus on??

Glen,

Obviously it was so hot you just had to spend it before it burnt though your pocket!

Very temping for me too, but Atocom, Remus or Varioscreen?

Phil Reynolds Sargent seat looks the biz as well.

Choices choices

I've got until this Thursday to make up my mind, then its plastic spending time I think

Kevin

This was a first for both the CS and myself. Kept looking in the mirrors all way home and thought it strange that it was devoid of GS's, well thats where they are normally in my wake (that should stir it a bit) Look forward to the month end meet and the next trip, if invited. Nice ride thanks V much

Back
Top Bottom