For ALL Swiss and other countries’ motorway vignette / sticker things

Thank you for posting all of those comments up. We bought ours at a petrol station thinking "just in case" or "I've heard the fines are massive", but as usual we were a little peeved that it was £40 spent and no one seemed to care a hoot. As usual the European roads for the entire trip were trouble free and the only people who wanted to see paperwork of any kind were at Blighty borders.

Thank you for posting all of those comments up. We bought ours at a petrol station thinking "just in case" or "I've heard the fines are massive", but as usual we were a little peeved that it was £40 spent and no one seemed to care a hoot. As usual the European roads for the entire trip were trouble free and the only people who wanted to see paperwork of any kind were at Blighty borders.
I know it seems as if they don't care but I know of people who have been stopped in Switzerland (and my son lives there now and says it is not uncommon), after which the £40 seems like a bargain... Regardless, it's god's own country and there should be an admission charge for everyone

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

The cost of the vignette is about the same as one 25 litre tank of Swiss petrol or, viewed another way, less than the cost of filling up a GSA’s uber-tank.

Either you’ll be caught with a fine (chances maybe not high, who knows) or you won’t. The choice (and whether to moan) is yours and yours alone.

having had all the France heading traffic stopped so that a friend and I could be safely ejected from the border crossing at Basel,(who knew they had a special removeable bit of Armco just for the purpose?) I tend to buy the vignette :p (he was mouthy in his determination not to buy one and failed the attitude test,I believe at the time due to roadworks there was no through route without going on a toll road from the border crossing ) we took a more rural route and entered via a country road, and the next morning I wandered into the local post office (along with mate who had realised the error of his ways :D ) I have subsequently gone through Switzerland without using the toll roads, but it truly is a study in frustration, as you get to see all the industrial areas and housing estates along with their 50kph limits, so I buy the vignette and add it to my collection, the car is not so bad as I go 3-4 times a year, the bike is a pain as I have to buy two a year , but well worth it for the roads and scenary :D

Back
Top Bottom