Frame infill panels

mark1954

Reaction score
I have been looking at the frame infill panels, to try to reduce the amount of crap thrown up from the back wheel. I have a mud sling fitted, I have looked at the ones from Nippy Norman, the Puig ones and the cheap ones on ebay from China, there's a huge difference in price from £129 to £20. Has anyone fitted any of these ,what if any problems you've had and will they fit with the mud sling.

Cheers

I have frame infill panels, puig hugger and original rear mudguard scoop. In my mind it makes little or no difference.

The two things that make the biggest difference are a centre-stand plate and an infill plate on the pillion footage hanger (non-exhaust side). Before those I used to get filthy - especially up the back of my left leg. With them, no worse than most bikes. The frame infill panels make little difference...

Thanks for the replies, I can't believe a company like BMW can make a bike that's like this and to fix the problem we the owners have to spend up to £200 to fix the problem.
I thought I might buy the cheapo Chinese copies only because I can afford to lose £25, but from what I read here that wouldn't be enough without buying other infill panels.

I first fitted the Puig hugger, that didn't do much. I then fitted the Puig infill panels, they work a treat. They have kept me and the missus clean for 60,000mls across two bikes.

Back
Top Bottom