Genuine cool cover advice

MRDDD

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone fitted a genuine cool cover to a rt1250 rt and do they actually work and benefit your ride

Has anyone fitted a genuine cool cover to a rt1250 rt and do they actually work and benefit your ride

I have one fitted to a different bike
A genuine one
They are ok & slightly better than not using one
However they aren’t a panacea for a totally comfortable motorcycle ride
An aftermarket seat, whilst more expensive is a better solution to better riding enjoyment

Do you wear cycling underwear (on the bike, not all the time?) If you're getting a sore arse it could be from pressure points caused by the seams or folds in the material in your undercrackers.

For long journeys I’ve been using a pair of Moto-Skiveez for several years now with good results. They are dedicated motorcycling padded shorts that come in three styles for sports, adventure and cruiser type bikes. I know that Motolegends in Guildford are a stockist.

Not fitted one to an RT but have had two on different bikes. In genuinely hot weather they make a HUGE difference to comfort - especially on long days. In cold weather, it gets a bit draughty around your bits. In wet weather there's a side benefit of not sitting in a puddle, so you don't get that uncomfortable feeling of clamminess around your nether regions.

Having ridden well over 30k miles with one fitted, I wouldn't (and I don't) bother in the UK. Overseas, when I know there will be long, hot, sweaty days, I fit one every time...

I have one fitted to a different bike
A genuine one
They are ok & slightly better than not using one
However they aren’t a panacea for a totally comfortable motorcycle ride
An aftermarket seat, whilst more expensive is a better solution to better riding enjoyment
I agree. Cool Covers are good at keeping your arse cool. For comfort there are better solutions...

I have a genuine cool covers seat cover on my Triumph Tiger Rally Pro 900. I was getting a bit of numb bum after 300-350 miles. The cool cover has made a difference. I’ve ridden 450-500 miles in a day since I fitted it and it’s definitely better. I’ll be riding longer days later this year so hopefully it will be better in the numb bum department.

Cheap eBay copy, and wouldn’t be without it in the summer months. Added comfort and airflow. It definitely works for me.

This is a mesh type cover we're talking about here?

23k on my 2022 plate 1250GS TE in all weathers and makes a noticeable difference to not sit on a wet seat.
The small airflow it allows in hot weather is marginal, but anything helps right?
Klim Carlsbad/ Kodiak trousers worn all the time.
I think it's a worthwhile fit.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Bit late I'm afraid but I tried genuine Cool Covers on my 2019 RT (same seats as current 2021) and couldn't get the seats to fit with both covers on - not enough gap between the seats. Maybe it was just me though, you may have more luck....

I've changed to Wunderlich seats now, much more comfortable anyway

I have a knock off fitted to my heated Sargent seat on my 1250GSA.........If I need the heating I remove the cool cover.

Its a perfect fit and prevents a sweaty arse crack if wearing kevlar jeans in summer.

I have one that I used a couple of times on my RT. Now have a Sargent seat, so doesn't fit.

To be honest, I didn't find it any cooler, the RT has so much protection, there isn't a lot of airflow. The keeping you dry when its wet bit works, but again not much advantage. I still use the pillion one when my wife comes out, stops her short legs scuffing the pillion seat when she gets on and off.

I've had them fitted on a Honda CB500X, T120 Bonneville, MG V85tt seat cover.jpgmy current RE650 Interceptor, and Moto Guzzi V85tt. They make a small but significant improvement, and as others have said help keep your arse dry in the rain and cool in the summer. They have velcro fastening straps underneath, but to make it more secure I used a staple gun to hold the cover in place.
2019 CB500X ('19-'21).jpghagon1 RE650.jpg

I have an original cover that I had on my R1200GSA. It’s good, but it an odd combination. It’s ok for England users and further south. In Scotland it benefits from keeping your bottom dry but it can also get to cold under there. It does allow good air circulation!

Back
Top Bottom