Help me help Thunder give up a nasty habit

...so I'll be joining you in the collective "stoppping smoking on 7th January" attempt, sorry, decision.

The main problem for me is that I still enjoy smoking, and it's only costing me about £6 a week, although the benefits (of not smoking) are pretty obvious.

So, 59 and a half hours to go...:eek:

Good man, I've tried cutting down but it don't work and as a 40 a day Tosser it ain't going to be easy but it will be done!!!

Oonyack's doing the same so the first one to lapse is in for some serious abuse :augie

I ran oot of smokes last night at 8pm couldn't be arsed going down to the hive of Febery to get some more 17hrs :thumb

13 mins and 2 seconds:(

Not easy

I stopped on Jan 1st, having stopped many times before. First day at work is tough though, and there's been a couple of times when I've thought of popping up to the Tabac, just to buy a pack of 5 cigars....No, no, no....Micky's moving post has strengthened my resolve. I'd promised the kids I'd stop too.

Good luck everyone...:thumb

Good man, I've tried cutting down but it don't work and as a 40 a day Tosser it ain't going to be easy but it will be done!!!

Oonyack's doing the same so the first one to lapse is in for some serious abuse :augie
The last time I stopped smoking voluntarily was 25 years ago - managed it for 7 weeks.

"Just one rolly won't matter before you head back to Saudi"

Ho bluddy ho. Cheers Stuart (who's long since given up himself...):p

Just do it - Patches worked well for me

You have to want to give up - All the Alan Carr stuff is very good - but it has to be viewed as a choice not a chore.

4 years in Feb for me having smoked for 15yrs before that. Its definatly worth it. My missus made me put the cash aside and it paid for the finance on my 1st big bike - Good luck

Colts

ps Im now addicted to old mens nickers!!!

Just do it - Patches worked well for me

You have to want to give up - All the Alan Carr stuff is very good - but it has to be viewed as a choice not a chore.

4 years in Feb for me having smoked for 15yrs before that. Its definatly worth it. My missus made me put the cash aside and it paid for the finance on my 1st big bike - Good luck

Colts

ps Im now addicted to old mens nickers!!!

I am sure I typed "SNICKERS" !!! need to use the preview more

Feel better now
Thought it was some Freudian slip!

Colts

To the collective stop smokers :clap:clap:clap Good luck :thumb2

Cold turkey did it for me (should be enough of that around after the Christmas period) although I wasn't a big smoker. I just drink like a fish now as the balance of sins needs to remain equal :D

buy him a tee shirt

a1190_bm.gif

from here

http://www.tshirthell.com/funny-shirts/blingbling/

It would appear I've just extinguished my last cigarette. :D
Welcome to the world of "Having Stopped Smoking" at your own disgression!

You didn;t give anything up your are blinging the PD for your trip

Peace and Goodwill to the Thunder household for a fortnight!

I too will be stopping on Monday when i go back to work:) so go for it Roger.

I have tried before and lost so i will stick £50 in the pot if you stay off the weed until the end of June, and another £50 if still off UM in December:D
Good luck and kick my Bum if i am smokin at Proffs do will yer please!

Lyn. PS: make a note of this and remind me.....getting old yer no:rob

Superb gesture Lyn, many thanks, I really hope I will deplete your bank balance. :thumb

As far as smoking near me at Proff's do, have you a deathwish, I'm on a hair trigger as it is :blast:blast:blast:blast:blast:blast:blast:blast:

The admin girl at the clents where I am working stopped smoking on Sunday. She cried 16 times today.

Back
Top Bottom