Help

MRDDD

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
hi I have a 21 plate k1600 ga and trying to find a live switched wire under the seat to connect a accessory thanks in advance

Use the switched live feed that runs to the otherwise completely useless socket, on the offside of the bike. It’s down by the top of the suspension unit. BMW were so embarrassed about it, they used to not even mention it in the owner’s manual.

IMG_4218.jpeg

Last edited:
Note:

The female end of the socket is buried pretty deep down. You’ll need a pair of long nosed pliers to disconnect it. My 2022 bike was pretty easy to do, with the pliers. My last 1600 (now owned by ChasMill on this forum) was a real pig, which I never managed to separate. I think the socket might have been put on sideways at the factory. This means the catch cannot be depressed.

If you can separate the power supply from the female socket, the easiest thing to do then is fit a splitter from Wunderlich.

Failing that, wire the device to a male plug and use the socket.

Another and possibly easiest solution, would be be to fit a Thunderbox.
Got a link, mate?

Natch, mate:

If you can separate the power supply from the female socket, the easiest thing to do then is fit a splitter from Wunderlich.

I used the live that goes to the top box power connection.

You’ll maybe need to narrow that down a bit for the OP.

The advantage of using the Wunderlich splitter on the under seat socket and / or the Thunderbox, is that you don’t have to tap into otherwise useful power lines.

You’ll maybe need to narrow that down a bit for the OP.

The advantage of using the Wunderlich splitter on the under seat socket and / or the Thunderbox, is that you don’t have to tap into otherwise useful power lines.
Great bits of kit those Thunderboxes and they run stuff separate to the canbus system (y)

Last edited:
Innovv third eye fitted to the k1600 works really well thanks for advice on connections 👍

At the back of the seat there was a green and red cable . I kept putting a tester on ever cable leading to the top box break light .

Hopefully you don’t mean you connected it to the top box’s brake light feed itself, which is only live when you apply the brakes.

Back
Top Bottom