HEX GS - 911 Purchase

GSMarky

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Folks

I am about to pull the trigger on the HEX GS - 911 and if you watch this excellent video (
) he states here that the ability to adjust the running lights & multi-function indicators is on it's way. This & potentially other updates makes the unit more attractive as an option to the Weiser Wizard.

I checked with HEX Code directly & they confirmed the wireless unit will 'Auto Update' when it's plugged in & activated.

Can someone who already uses the WiFi GS-911 kindly confirm this is the case please?

Cheers

GSMarky

Yep (y)
When its plugged in, if there is an update available it will update. There are "other" cheaper alternatives to the GS-911, however, for functionality, The GS-911 cant be beaten.

Folks

I am about to pull the trigger on the HEX GS - 911 and if you watch this excellent video (
) he states here that the ability to adjust the running lights & multi-function indicators is on it's way. This & potentially other updates makes the unit more attractive as an option to the Weiser Wizard.

I checked with HEX Code directly & they confirmed the wireless unit will 'Auto Update' when it's plugged in & activated.

Can someone who already uses the WiFi GS-911 kindly confirm this is the case please?

Cheers

GSMarky
I saw that too and actually commented that the possibility of a function to modify the tail light arrangement makes it a very attractive buy.

I was an early adopter of the old yellow Bluetooth/USB unit with Enthusiast license for my old Hexhead and was a little annoyed to have to upgrade to the newer red WiFi/Bluetooth/USB unit with OBD connector for my 1250.

Its great kit, which seems to keep getting better and better. Luckily I got the 'Pro' license with unlimited VIN in a deal and have just ordered the "OBD to BMW Adapter cable" from Motorworks so I can still use it with the earlier bikes.

If anyone near Fareham gets a warning light that needs clearing or needs their service indicator resetting, give me a shout.

I donated my old yellow unit to a mate who had bought himself a K1300S so its still in good use rather than becoming e-waste.

I pulled the trigger on buying one last night from A Bike Thing. Always wanted one, but could never justify the price (still can’t 😀)

Yes, the tech support from Hex is outstanding too. Helped me with TPMS even though it wasn't anything to do with their system. They reached out to Beta testers and got me a solution to get the new LDL sensors recognised. Worth paying just that bit extra for this type of support.

I've done some beta testing on the other functions. It's possible to change some of the multifunction lights behaviour etc. I've enabled the rear light to be on with the lights, at a lower brightness.
I'm not 100% on this but think this may be available now, if not, soon.

Ive got the 10 VIN unit. Ive used three. My bike, and two mates bikes. I cant see me needing or using anywhere near the ten.

Thanks Folks. I'm planning on keeping my Nov 23 GSA for quite some time & miles, so I'll get on with it then.

Thanks Folks. I'm planning on keeping my Nov 23 GSA for quite some time & miles, so I'll get on with it then.
I had my last GSA for over ten years and the GS911 was bloody handy not just for me, but for a few mates as well for both home servicing and diagnostics.

Although not cheap, its money well spent if your bike(s) gonna be a keeper.

If you know anyone with Bennetts insurance they get a 10% discount.
I wonder if there would be any discount for a group buy from here, I’d definitely be interested.

If you know anyone with Bennetts insurance they get a 10% discount.
I wonder if there would be any discount for a group buy from here, I’d definitely be interested.
Me also and there is someone from Hex who frequents these very forums offering advice

Let's get a list together then:

GSMarky
BillWright
Bigcats

..... I can put it to the helpful chap I was emailing yesterday if there's interest.

GSMarky
BillWright
Bigcats

..... I can put it to the helpful chap I was emailing yesterday if there's interest.
Go for it, I would think you'd get it for UKGSER members.

GSMarky
BillWright
Bigcats

Yep defo interested so let me know how you get on
(the wifi version for me)

Hex tend to do a fathers day deal - Pro unit for the price of the Std

That one is worth waiting for!

Although, Im sure that even if you have purchased the 10 VIN unit, you can upgrade Via that deal to the Pro version (y)
Yes that is an option, as well

they are also trying a monthly upgrade subscription to go from enthusiast to pro but only stays pro for as long as you subscribe

The Pro will stay subscription free, for the near future but may go subsciption based if the SW has a major update

Cant say i'm impressed with that

Back
Top Bottom