HEX GS - 911 Purchase

I pulled the trigger on buying one last night from A Bike Thing. Always wanted one, but could never justify the price (still can’t 😀)
Mine arrived today. Excellent service from A Bike Thing, they even threw in a neck tube. Simple to set up with my windows laptop and linked via home Wi-Fi with my iPhone.
However, I’m having issues with setting it up with my iPhone when out of Wi-Fi signal. A quick search on their forum, and it could be due to later iPhones using 5ghz as their hotspot setting, and the GS 911 requires 2.4ghz. Will try my phone in “Maximise Compatibility” mode tomorrow, to see if that sorts it.

Love the sports dash 😀

I use this, and keep it with me when away.

Yes, one can configure the GS-911wifi to connect to the hotspot on your mobile phone, which means you can perform service functionality anywhere where there is mobile data coverage. Here are the steps in order to achieve this:

For this step you'll have to navigate to your phone's Hotspot menu, and get the exact Hotspot name and password (including all apostrophes etc). On an iPhone the hotspot name can be found in the menu under General -> About -> Name

Write this down, or remember both the hotspot name and password

Next, plug in your GS-911wifi to your bike's diagnostic port and turn on the ignition so that it powers up

On the GS-911wifi, ensure D2D mode is active by pressing the red button until the right-most LED is on (under the two WiFi symbols facing each other)

On your phone open the WiFi menu and look for your GS-911wifi's network in the list (the network name should be GS911_[last 4 or 5 digits of the serial number of GS-911wifi], example GS911_7243

Once connected to that network, open a browser and navigate to the following IP address: 10.0.0.1. This can be typed into the top bar in the browser. Alternatively use the GS911 IOS or Android utility to locate and navigate to the device.

After connecting to the web browser of the GS-911wifi, navigate to WiFi setup -> Add network manually. In this page you enter the network name of your hotspot into the SSID/Network name field, then select WPA/WPA2 encryption, then enter the password of your hotspot into the passphrase field

After these details have been confirmed to be correct, select Save at the bottom of the page.

On your phone, turn on the mobile hotspot and press the red button on the GS-911wifi so that the middle LED starts blinking. If the details that was entered in step 7 was correct, the GS-911wifi should connect to the hotspot.

From your phone, navigate back to your internet browser, and in the top search bar enter
http://gs911_XXXX.local (with the XXXX being the last 4 or 5 digits of the device serial number, for example http://gs911_7243.local

You should now have cloud access on your GS-911wifi without the need for a WiFi router

Please note:
The wifi module type in the GS-911 determines the Wifi network compatibility according to the Wifi
Specifications.

Cloud service functions rely on the latest version of the firmware. You may be required to upgrade.

If the mobile signal on the phone is weak, cloud functions might time out or not load at all.

Went through that procedure Onahi, but it would not connect. Hopefully it is just a case of changing my iPhone from 5 to 2.4ghz hotspot

Yes that is an option, as well

they are also trying a monthly upgrade subscription to go from enthusiast to pro but only stays pro for as long as you subscribe

The Pro will stay subscription free, for the near future but may go subsciption based if the SW has a major update

Cant say i'm impressed with that
Looks like they no longer offer a Pro version of any unit,

Its now Pro unlimited which is subscription based :(

I just did the update on mine yesterday, no idea if I still have the Pro license or if they have shafted me and replaced it with a subscription.

I'll take a look later when I have more time.

Let's get a list together then:

GSMarky
BillWright
Bigcats

..... I can put it to the helpful chap I was emailing yesterday if there's interest.
Hi. Have you had chance to send the email?
Otherwise it may be wait till they have an offer time.

Hi. Have you had chance to send the email?
Otherwise it may be wait till they have an offer time.
No, I thought I'd see if there's a decent list of candidates here first, but I think I'll hold fire for an offer..

Add me to the list please GSMarky

Sent from my moto g54 5G using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom