How do I overlay one route on top of another?

EVskij

Hand-crafting clients' ideas in real time
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am a novice to MRA. But it’s not hard to figure it out by poking and prodding buttons and tabs.

One question I do have, which I haven’t yet identified a solution for, is this.
How do I get to see all the routes overlayed on a map from say, that are located in a particular trip folder? Is this even possible?

Reason why I want o be able to see this, is to avoid riding same section of road halfway throughout day trips.

Last edited by a moderator:
You use the Routes tool.

IMG_4796.jpegIMG_4797.jpegIMG_4798.jpegIMG_4799.jpeg

IMG_4800.jpeg

One tip. I find it useful to change the colour of the overlayed route(s) from MyRoute’s default of yellow.

You can overlay as many routes as you like.

Play around, you can’t break it.

Last edited:
Fabulous Richard, I will give it a go later on this evening.

Than you for your help and wealth of knowledge all things that are to do with Globetrotting.

Fabulous Richard, I will give it a go later on this evening.

Than you for your help and wealth of knowledge all things that are to do with Globetrotting.
indeed, thanks for this as its something I have been trying to work out for some time now. Thought this was one of the only things Basecamp had over MRA.....;)

Welcome, Grant.

BaseCamp does work well with overlays, as it is possible to save a single file with several routes displayed at once. MyRoute isn’t bad though, even so.

They so need to make it so you can save the file when you overlay the routes. Would make this the perfect route tool in my mind.

The only thing I can see that you can do with the route is change its transparency

Someone asked your very question in the forum and they said no you cannot change the colour of a route

You can if you have a selection of routes to overlay on a map.

I've pinched Wapping's screenshot here.

PS: The primary selected route will always display in black and will not be shown within the list in the column to the left of the map.

IMG_4800.jpeg

See #2 above for more instructions.

You can if you have a selection of routes to overlay on a map.

I've pinched Wapping's screenshot here.

View attachment 301024

See #2 above for more instructions.
Oh yes seen
How weird that they replied it cannot be done but then again maybe a new feature

Sadly that thread is locked otherwise I would have updated it with what you have put

Back
Top Bottom