Lerma Parador

wessie

Reaction score
The Parador in Lerma is in a grand building. My room was quite nice as they gave me an upgrade to one with a balcony. I had views over the River Arlanza to the mountains. Sadly, that's about it as the service in the hotel was really not good. Sit outside in the garden and nobody was checking to see if you needed a drink. Sit indoors and the service was not much better, yet there seemed to be staff milling about behind the counter. Fuck knows what they were doing.

The food in the restaurant was okay but the menus did not change much from day to day.

Lerma was much smaller than I had anticipated so I abandoned my plan to take a day off riding and did a loop through the Arlanza Gorge and the Sierra de la Demanda.

Lerma would be okay for a 1 night transit stop but I would not stay there any longer.

One of the best “View from your hotel room” though

2c3682bfdb34776a21efec4b03f8307a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Some Paradors do tend to run to Spanish Hours, with few staff around between lunch & dinner. This sounds more like training/induction though - maybe worth a comment on Trip Advisor? Still, at least it wasn't the dreaded all day/night Wedding Party scenario.

The last time we stayed at Lerma, we ate out at a small restaurant on the edge of town which was full with locals. The Asadors near/around the main square looked attractive, if expensive, but there is only so much roasted meat a man needs during one bike tour.

I’ve stayed there three times, endured the overnight fair a couple of times, definitely best avoide.

The bar staff have been slow, as they have been understaffed, but apart from the thistle dinner one evening the food has always been enjoyable.

i agree it’s a one night stop rather than a destination.

Stayed in quite a few Parador's whilst touring in September... highlights were ....Parador de Aiguablava (on the Med - Costa Brava) is simply stunning (first 3 pics). Also stayed at Parador de Vielha (4th pic view) in the Pyrenees and the last photo was our final night in the Parador de Hondarribia (on the Atlantic Coast).

20230908_163510-800x600.jpg20230908_163515-800x600.jpg20230908_163630-800x600.jpg20230911_170755-800x600.jpg20230913_162921-800x600.jpg

Back
Top Bottom