MCC Land's End Trial 2015

ian640

Reaction score
Entries for the 2015 MCC Land's End Trial are now open. Entry pack is here or you can enter on line.

Thread on the 2013 event is here.

Cheers.

I'm in. I'm also starting from Cirencester and have asked to be riding in your group.

Not sure if Jonathan is starting with us yet, watch this space.

All done for another year.

I would like to publicly thank Ian for his help and guidance throughout the trial, even when I was a nob and thought I'd lost my wallet (in different pocket) which delayed us when we were short on time.

Ian also encouraged us to run on low tyre pressures (8 and 10 psi front and rear resp.) which we were a bit reluctant about. We suffered no ill effects from the tyre pressures however, I'm not sure how much this helped my performance as I am pretty rubbish at the sections.

This year I managed to clear some sections that I hadn't attempted the last time I attended (2013), although some sections I failed on last time I failed again, but at least I gave them more of a go, falling off trying, rather than just stopping. I put this down to being on my new Alp rather than on my g/s.

I managed to get to the top of quite a few sections without stopping at all, which sounds good until you realise that there were restarts that I should have observed but as I saw them approaching, I thought better of it and careered to the top feeling triumphant in the face of the actual rules of the event.

My final nemesis is the final section, Blue Hills 2. A section I bottled out of last time and didn't attempt. This time I cleared the section, right up to the restart. I'm sure, if you're interested you can find the YouTube video of me making a nob of myself at the restart. No video shows just how steep any of the sections are when you're facing them. Some you can barely walk up as they are so steep and slippery.

All in all, a great event, off road sections over night and more bacon sandwiches than you can shake a stick at. Great company and certainly brilliant advice.

Looking forward to next year!!! :thumb

Cheers Tufty, and good to ride round with you and Jonathan. You did well especially given the severity of this year's trial :thumb

You don't have to wait until next year as there's the Edinburgh trial in October, run in Derbyshire despite the name.

Cheers Tufty, and good to ride round with you and Jonathan. You did well especially given the severity of this year's trial :thumb

You don't have to wait until next year as there's the Edinburgh trial in October, run in Derbyshire despite the name.

We'll see. I'll say now, it will probably depend on how much practise I get over the summer, but I'm pretty sure I'll enter as soon as it opens. :)

Good luck with your result. I hope you get the Gold you deserve. I'm just happy with having a go at all of the sections and getting home after a 775 mile round trip. (That saddle needs work)

Back
Top Bottom