Mirror extenders

RichardD

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I would like to fit some mirror extenders to my RS but I’m having trouble finding anything other than the Hornig ones, which seem expensive for what they are…

Anyone know of a less expensive option?

Hi Richard
I looked when I had my 1200RS and again when I bought my 1250 and they were the only ones I could find also and as I have and had the High bar conversion on both bikes these really are needed, was thinking of attempting to make pair myself but would love to hear of a pair that are cheaper

Rob

as a cheap give it a go I just bought these may work and hopefully they dont look too stupid, mind you function over fashion if they help me see behind me !!

Worth a try although I suspect you’ll just get a better view of your arms… :)

I would like to fit some mirror extenders to my RS but I’m having trouble finding anything other than the Hornig ones, which seem expensive for what they are…

Anyone know of a less expensive option?
I fitted the Hornig ones. Yes, they are expensive, but well made and they make a difference. I combine them with a Riderscan mirror and blind spot detector.

I use the standard set up with bar risers and they work ok as I normally use a life saver if changing road position anyway. It would be good to have some slightly extended arms and I figured best way was to make some. Not that difficult to do.

I use the standard set up with bar risers and they work ok as I normally use a life saver if changing road position anyway. It would be good to have some slightly extended arms and I figured best way was to make some. Not that difficult to do.

Well. As the OP I must admit I’ve subsequently sold the bike so the point is moot. However, for me it was not really about shoulder or blind spot checks, it’s more about maintaining a constant view of what’s around me. On bikes with decent mirrors, it’s easy to be able to see vehicles that are directly behind you. That’s what I missed on the RS.

I can see behind me ok with mine. Perhaps it's because I'm of a slight girth? :ROFLMAO: Not the best view but I can clearly see most things even if close. When riding, no problem at all.

Must be your slight stature. :ROFLMAO: Me, on the other hand, can only be described as "quite wide".

Back
Top Bottom