Motorway ‘blipper’ / smart tags - For ALL news, advice, how to get one and what’s best, irrespective of the country

With the Mango tag you enter your reg plate on the web site so that it is linked to your tag for Spain etc.

It takes 1 minute to change vehicles

I presume the other tags work the same way when they cover multiple countries

With the Mango tag you enter your reg plate on the web site so that it is linked to your tag for Spain etc.

It takes 1 minute to change vehicles

I presume the other tags work the same way when they cover multiple countries

Thanks for that. If I stay with Sanef/Emovi and want France , Spain etc, I would need two different tags (at least it was like that when I last looked)

Just make sure you do not use the lanes marked "cars only" as these might charge you incorrectly and might decapitate you as they are low.

My experience is if you use a Cars Only lane, then you get charged for a car. Appeals fall on deaf ears.

My experience is if you use a Cars Only lane, then you get charged for a car. Appeals fall on deaf ears.

That sort of make sense, quite possibly because they only have the single detector - that which opens the barrier - rather than (I assume) the more expensive multi-detector, capable of differentiating between a bikermate on his steed and a large lorry.

Thanks for that. If I stay with Sanef/Emovi and want France , Spain etc, I would need two different tags (at least it was like that when I last looked)

I have one TAG device with APRR (now Mango) which works in France & Spain. I have not encountered a Spanish toll gate that does not use the TAG. They do have a few short stretches that are cash only. I encountered one between San Sebastian and the French border. In Spain & France you move the TAG between vehicles, obviously, and the toll gates will detect the vehicle type.

In Portugal, no barriers, just cameras. As stated above, you put your reg. no. into the website and you can change it easily if you swap vehicles.

My next anxiety, after owning this TAG since 2018 is battery life. @leadfarmer How long do the batteries last?

rather than (I assume) the more expensive multi-detector, capable of differentiating between a bikermate on his steed and a large lorry.

From my experience back in the day with Telepass moto, it was exactly this.
In the early days, the bikes where often not detected, but you where instructed to still go through (they take a pic of the plate and reconciliate later on) as the bar would open.

Since I've read this in another thread, a tip: it is not customary to tailgate at the Telepass barriers in Italy. Both car or bikes. Don't do it. People will get royally pissed off (and you'll get fined).

My next anxiety, after owning this TAG since 2018 is battery life. @leadfarmer How long do the batteries last?

Mango says they should last about 5 years, I had a France only tag originally but I swapped after a few years for the “TopEurope” 4 countries tag before the original was dead, I’ve had this one about 4 years so far and it still works fine so I don’t really know how long they last

You can get a replacement free by requesting it on your profile page, you’ll have to return the old badge (after you’ve received the new one I presume), if you’re in doubt maybe swap it before your next trip, I’m sure it won’t be a problem

I tried Mango this morning and it wouldn't accept my sort code/account no ...I'll try whe I have my IBAN, fingers crossed that it's not a Brexit banking issue.

Ive been looking at the same and came across this one;
https://ulys.vinci-autoroutes.com/e...bpmk_kVqTKBtJv1aj-TfvDX2SHyBcVFYaAt7REALw_wcB

Subscription free and only charged for when you use it- has anybody any experience with these?
thanks

Looks pretty much identical to the APPR / Mango tag but a few cents more expensive for the months you use it

Vinci autoroute are one of the big operators in France, mainly for autoroutes in the north, APRR are generally more in the south

Any tag will work in any toll barrier, it’s really a choice of who has the best offer when you sign up

Both do France with Spain, Portugal & Italy as options

Here’s a comparison of the main tags, translate it with google or your browser if you don’t understand foreign

https://meilleurtest.fr/comparatif-telepeage/

If you buy one of these tag things to save faffing about with change or cards ( which does seem sensible) is it possible to get 2 or more bikes through on one tag ?

A good yorkshireman question.
as the quote says. " A yorkshireman, like a scotsman with the generosity squeezed out" :D:D:D:D

I’ve had my Sanef tag at least 6 years.
Used it only last week and it still works fine.

They are though funny (up to a point) when the battery starts to go, as there is often a not inconsiderable delay between arriving and the barrier going up. This will work to some cnuts’ advantage, as they can line their bikermate alongside to charge the barrier, revelling in the £3 they have succeeded in ripping from The Man.

They are though funny (up to a point) when the battery starts to go, as there is often a not inconsiderable delay between arriving and the barrier going up. This will work to some cnuts’ advantage, as they can line their bikermate alongside to charge the barrier, revelling in the £3 they have succeeded in ripping from The Man.

Le Homme, surely?

"Mort aux vaches" is apparently the closest the French get to the "stick it to the man" idiom...

Mango doesn't accept payment via Santander bank, no sepa payment, might ring and see why....

Back
Top Bottom