Motorway ‘blipper’ / smart tags - For ALL news, advice, how to get one and what’s best, irrespective of the country

A good opening post and subsequent thread. All helpful stuff for anyone thinking of getting a payage blipper tag, I’m sure.

Richard

Hello Bill. I've just signed up for the Mango device following the info found on here....no real issues, just supplied the iban code for my Starling account as the payment source, and they didn't have a problem. Had an email this morning saying the device has been posted and looking forward to trying it in France and Italy in May/June.

Hey, how are you both?
I've tried to sign up for the Mango card but can't get past the requirement for my registration plate which it doesn't like, no matter what format I try.

I'll give one of the others a try and see how that goes.

Hey, how are you both?
I've tried to sign up for the Mango card but can't get past the requirement for my registration plate which it doesn't like, no matter what format I try.

Did you click on the Mr. bit? That was my first error - missing that.

Don't mean to be obvious ........

Hey, how are you both?

Good, mate...hope you are the same.

I put in my bike reg - all capitals and no spaces.

Santander not working for me either. Not even with an IBAN number.

Well received the Mango tag today - 7 days from placing the order. Unfortunately, I also received an email from them this morning saying their bank has informed them that the debit request has been rejected for the following reason : "Code Banque Incorrect" and to immediately amend the bank details to confirm subscription. They added Important! Your badge has been disabled since 23/02/2022 and will be declined across all motorway networks. Unless your bank details are amended by 25/03/2022, your contract will be terminated with immediate effect. :blast

I've logged in to the customer page and re-confirmed the relevant IBAN and Swift codes, so we'll see what happens now. As I don't leave until the end of May I still have time to sort something else out if this falls apart. :okay

Massive thanks to everyone for your help.

I finally got my registration plate accepted by the Mango website, though I had to go onto a desktop PC to do it but as I'm with Santander I subsequently hit the same stumbling block as others have found.

Many thanks to Shaunandco who suggested the Ulys link here

https://ulys.vinci-autoroutes.com/e...bpmk_kVqTKBtJv1aj-TfvDX2SHyBcVFYaAt7REALw_wcB

I've just done this & it only took seconds.

If it helps others find their IBAN code mine was on my current account statement.
The Emovis Tag site suggested by others also looked easy enough, so thank you for that, but I went with ULYS as they have a good offer on at the moment - £0 set up fee, 2Euros per month when it is used & no fees for the months it's not used.

I'm hoping to go to La Belle France in March so will report back on how things pan out, inshAllah.

Barak: you are getting into the same problem in the process I encountered.
Try calling your bank to see if they see the DD request.
Mine never did.

Barak: you are getting into the same problem in the process I encountered.
Try calling your bank to see if they see the DD request.
Mine never did.

I assume someone has managed to get the Mango tag working for customers in the UK, as they've created an english language option for their site and their emails to me were in english. They clearly want customers from the UK - if they can't sort out taking payments then that revenue stream is doomed. If I have any further problems I'll just switch to Ulys like, Bill.... I particularly want the Italian option for the tag which sadly rules out Emovis.

I assume someone has managed to get the Mango tag working for customers in the UK, as they've created an english language option for their site and their emails to me were in english. They clearly want customers from the UK - if they can't sort out taking payments then that revenue stream is doomed. If I have any further problems I'll just switch to Ulys like, Bill.... I particularly want the Italian option for the tag which sadly rules out Emovis.

the website was set-up when they were branded as APRR and accepted UK credit cards for payments. I took out the TAG in 2018 and as a legacy customer, I still pay using a credit card. The website even allowed me to change the card recently after the Post Office withdrew their Bank of Ireland card.

Sadly, it seems when they rebranded to Mango they withdrew credit card payments for new customers. Presumably, like the recent thing between VISA and Amazon, the credit cards companies raised charges and Mango did not have the clout to take on the banks. I imagine there are thousands of legacy customers like me who will use the English website to make it viable to keep providing it, even if they struggle to register new ones.

I suspect the problem is not Mango but some sort of communication problem between their bank and the UK banking system that processes the payment.

the website was set-up when they were branded as APRR and accepted UK credit cards for payments. I took out the TAG in 2018 and as a legacy customer, I still pay using a credit card. The website even allowed me to change the card recently after the Post Office withdrew their Bank of Ireland card.

Sadly, it seems when they rebranded to Mango they withdrew credit card payments for new customers. Presumably, like the recent thing between VISA and Amazon, the credit cards companies raised charges and Mango did not have the clout to take on the banks. I imagine there are thousands of legacy customers like me who will use the English website to make it viable to keep providing it, even if they struggle to register new ones.

I suspect the problem is not Mango but some sort of communication problem between their bank and the UK banking system that processes the payment.

Interesting....their email this morning required the immediate payment of 1 euro to confirm the electronic toll subscription.... I paid this via the customer area on the site using my Starling debit Mastercard....payment was confirmed by both Mango and Starling and a receipt issued. My tag is now shown as Actif again.... :nenau

Interesting....their email this morning required the immediate payment of 1 euro to confirm the electronic toll subscription.... I paid this via the customer area on the site using my Starling debit Mastercard....payment was confirmed by both Mango and Starling and a receipt issued. My tag is now shown as Actif again.... :nenau

Yes that is the same process I went through.
I was able to pay the 1 pound by card, but they want to set up the payments uniquely via DD (forgot the name of the international DD) now, as Wessie pointed up, but they don't do it properly.

I tried to have the DD setup a few times. I checked with my bank, HSBC, that assured me that they never received any debit requests on my account and that, also, the forms Mango gives are wrong.
My assumption is that they are probably not signing on new UK customers, but no one is measuring it business-wise or they don't care.
I'm always fairly polite when I approach customer support centres and the responses I got from them were irksome.

Here's the thread when I tried to go through it: https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/558824-Toll-advice/page2

As of today I literally cannot re-open an account with Mango as they blacklisted my email address :D

I ordered the Sanef tag that Wapping suggested a few posts back, but I'll also need Telepass (I'm Italian and drive/ride relatively often back to Italy).
I'll use that for now. I'll also go ask in March directly as I'll be in Rome for a while.
Otherwise I'll also look at the option you listed.

Yes that is the same process I went through.
I was able to pay the 1 pound by card, but they want to set up the payments uniquely via DD (forgot the name of the international DD) now, as Wessie pointed up, but they don't do it properly.

I tried to have the DD setup a few times. I checked with my bank, HSBC, that assured me that they never received any debit requests on my account and that, also, the forms Mango gives are wrong.
My assumption is that they are probably not signing on new UK customers, but no one is measuring it business-wise or they don't care.
I'm always fairly polite when I approach customer support centres and the responses I got from them were irksome.

Here's the thread when I tried to go through it: https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/558824-Toll-advice/page2

As of today I literally cannot re-open an account with Mango as they blacklisted my email address :D

I ordered the Sanef tag that Wapping suggested a few posts back, but I'll also need Telepass (I'm Italian and drive/ride relatively often back to Italy).
I'll use that for now. I'll also go ask in March directly as I'll be in Rome for a while.
Otherwise I'll also look at the option you listed.

I'll give it a few weeks and see if they come back with any bank account problems.... If they do I'll cancel it and switch to something else.

I have a quick question about Ulys, from who is using it already.
They do ask the car plate when you register and add the Italian option. Is it possible to change the plates later on (via the website/app) it?

I'm getting a new car next week, but I still don't know the plates.
I'm thinking about registering with my current car plates and update them next week – if that is possible.

On the Italian Telepass you can have up to three plates generally.

I use the SANEF tag.

Despite all sorts of horror stories on this site, I have never been ripped off.

Me too, I probably don’t go to France often enough now to cover the annual cost, but its worth every penny to whizz by all the suckers who don’t have one

I have a quick question about Ulys, from who is using it already.
They do ask the car plate when you register and add the Italian option. Is it possible to change the plates later on (via the website/app) it?

I'm getting a new car next week, but I still don't know the plates.
I'm thinking about registering with my current car plates and update them next week – if that is possible.

On the Italian Telepass you can have up to three plates generally.

Looks like it’s the same as Mango, you can change it on the web site

https://ulys.vinci-autoroutes.com/f...e-obligatoire-pour-souscrire-loption-espagne/

Back
Top Bottom