New (to me) bike on the way

Malcvtr

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well, my lovely KTM 790 Duke has been PX'd for this beauty due to arrive next Tuesday. My first Ducati since my Diavel in 2011.
755359ce8799ee7e3c3c8676f48d0be2.jpg
5ee4ad15180163d66162ec858c79b4c2.jpg

Very nice. Hope to see you around Shropshire (y)

Lovely all round bike I took one out and really liked it apart from the fact that it was a bit cramped for me, also took out a Desert X the same day and was smitten with it
that 950 engine is bang on for the road (For ME I hasten to add)

Very nice indeed! I have been looking around for a low mileage 950 or V2 for a while, but I have a trip to France booked in a few weeks so it will have to wait until after that. I would really appreciate your impressions of it though.

Very nice indeed! I have been looking around for a low mileage 950 or V2 for a while, but I have a trip to France booked in a few weeks so it will have to wait until after that. I would really appreciate your impressions of it though.
Will do

M&P Cardiff have a low mileage Red 950s with spoked wheels it used to belong to a friend of mine he traded it for a Desert X

M&P Cardiff have a low mileage Red 950s with spoked wheels it used to belong to a friend of mine he traded it for a Desert X
Thanks for the heads-up, I don’t really want or like the spoked wheels, but I guess if M&P wanted to make a sale they could swap a set of wheels for me?

By the way, it’s an awful long time ago that we used to meet up in the Abercrave Inn every month with the other GS guys!

I’d call that the sensible person’s Ducati. Not that there’s anything wrong with other Ducatis, but they are a bit bonkers, with capabilities that can only be fully exploited by riding gods. Enjoy it, all of it.

I took it out for the first time yesterday and the headline is - I loved it!

In touring mode, everything is smooth and really rather relaxing, but the bike would accelerate nicely when called upon. The Skyhook suspension worked superbly well at smoothing out our notoriously bumpy roads and seemed to almost float. The fork dive on braking was very evident, but also well damped. I soon got used to it. In summary, touring mode is a very pleasant place to, well, tour on.

I switched to sport mode (after some confusion on my part as to how to get the selection to activate) and, my goodness, what a transformation. Suspension firmed up very effectively and the throttle response felt sharper and more fun. I started hooning around (as much as my 68 years would allow!) and had a really good time. Fork dive under braking no longer noticeable. The standard exhaust has a very pleasing rasp as you use the rev range.

Some reviews have talked about vibrations, but I felt none that were in any way intrusive or unpleasant. Likewise, some have talked about buffeting, but I felt none. I had the screen up in its highest position and was doing between 75 and 85 (on a private road, naturally) for some decent stretches. No need for me to buy a replacement screen.

The handling was simply excellent, quickly instilling confidence and delivering plenty of fun.

The amount of customisation available on the Skyhook suspension is really amazing (to me, at least). I will have a go later this week at customising the touring mode by slightly increasing the fork preload and compression damping and see how that goes.

Lynn reports that the pillion seat is comfy and the grab handles excellent, though that was only a stationary try-out.

Build quality feels premium: the V2S is a very nice place to be.

I hope that's useful. Cheers.

Which Ducati dealer will you use?

Back
Top Bottom