Paris advice, please

The Other PaulG

Still searching
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi - looking for advice from someone who knows their way around Paris, please!

I am contemplating a weekend trip to the Rugby World Cup final.

Traveling on the overnighter from Newhaven, biking to Paris on the Saturday morning, back Sunday evening. The match will be at the Stade de Francais which is in Saint-Denis, 10km north of the city centre on the train lines shown in the image below.

Here are my questions -

• I need a hotel that's reasonably priced, is north of the city and has secure bike parking. Happy to be a bit further out, and train into town for beers / the game. Looking at the train/Metro map, maybe somewhere further north on that green line???

• The plan depends a bit on the Metro - how late into the night does it run?

• Same question for the national rail?

• Will I need a clean air sticker.. is it zoned like ULEZ where you don't need one if you're far enough out?

• Any other top advice, please!

Cheers,

Paul G

1696943239226.png

A Shit Air certificate is a no-brainer. I applied for two yesterday which cost me all of £7.99.

Take bed-bug repellant and burn all of your clothes before you head home.

Make sure that you are at the ground a minimum of two hours before kickoff, unless you want to miss the first half of the game.

Do not (under any circumstances) have a row with the French Police at the ground - it will not end well for you.

Go to CDG airport, there is a hotel complex on the outskirts and the majority have barrier controlled parking. They have a train station serving them which goes straight past the stadium, pretty sure it has a stop too but you would need to confirm that.

I have stayed at the Mercure Paris Saint-Ouen with underground parking, very close to Saint Dennis. Not the most Parisian neighbourhood but safe.

If you want a great place to stay with bars and restaurants aim for the Latin Quarter the metro runs through there direct to the stadium on the Blue line.

I’ve stayed in the 17th arrondisement near to the Porte de Clichy before. Easy access from the north via a bit of the peripherique. Used this IBIS which had secure parking, clean and functional, a good tube or RER access. Interesting area to wander round although it does have a red light are.

burn all of your clothes before you head home.
only if you have vaccumed packed clean clothes from the UK to replace the clothes your burning....

don't buy anything especially clothes such as underpants in french shops unless you want pubic rats to bring home... which they might ask you to declare at customs...!

**caviat** I have no idea what pubic rats are, I just added that for comedic effect....!

Back
Top Bottom