R1250RS - hugger or mudsling?

I got a mudsling thing off ali express for £27 and it does the job
Thanks for the suggestion, I've bought a few things from china for my GS' in the past few years and have had problems with some of them. I a copy of a mudsling that didn't extend as far down to protect the shock as the MachineArt one I replaced it with, a replacement for my Puig hugger that came with bolts made from cheese and some up and back bar risers that went in the bin after one of the threads stripped while fitting them so ended up buying the genuine Wunderlict ones. What ever I get will likely be a genuine accessory, I know not everything from china is a pile of junk as I have a bike cam that's been very reliable, it's just a bit of a lottery as to what you get, so you can (and I did) end up buying twice.

My biggest issue with the chinese rip off's is the fit and the fittings. Fit on several items tried, including risers, has been crap. Bolts are made of cheddar too. That's why I wouldn't go there for the mudsling and especially not for the hugger as the Chinese ones have a rep for bolts working loose at the critical fitment points on the rear drive mount. Genuine items from MachineArt or Wunderlich ones are pricy but at least they fit well and you can rely on the bolts.

Back
Top Bottom