Rain, Pain and The Hardknott Pass

Yep that was us. An all orange 950, a black 990 and my black/orange 'hybrid'.

First time I've done the pass, and what a road that is!! Especially as I had my knobbly tyres on. The other 2 were on standard tyres and struggled - mine was locking the back up just on engine braking!! It's certainly a road worth riding - but maybe in better weather!

Which end of the pass were you at? I'm trying to remeber if we saw you or not - did we only pass at the pub?

Pete

The other 2 were on standard tyres and struggled

err...there was no struggling on my bike;), (shep's a ex pan rider):rob

Hi,

I reckon the small swarm of 990 Adventures was me and my new mates Vincent and Gav from the UK KTM Forum.

We'd been for a mornings green laning - see some video here http://www.viddler.com/explore/advrider/videos/3/ and then gone on the Hardnotts and Wrynose (or whatever they are called!).

We'd got a bit wet on the lanes, so the crap weather around the pass didn't get us much wetter.

Any of you BMW guys fancy a ride out with us KTM'ers ...... let me know :)

Pete

lol that'll be fun:D

the couple of lonnies have been at it again.

they just left after welding the pegs on properly....:blast

noeyedear been off to wales for the weekend... thinks he's clocked up another 600-800 miles on the XL

and Skidmarks been trying to bring my C90 back to life so he can ride that about for a couple of weeks till he does his CBT...in 4 weeks

I've told'em both I can't recommend motorcycles cos they're proper dangerous and it'll never catch on with abit of luck...:D

Back
Top Bottom