Scrubbing in the new tyres

franco

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Scrubbers !! haha. Got the new rubber on the bike, so decided to take advantage of the clement weather.

Part 1 of the ride was up to the Route Napoleon, which is less than half an hour from home, so why not?

Stopped for a coffee in Logis des Pins

i-smBQMv9-X2.jpg

Then up the RN to Castellane, immediately turning left on entering the town, to the D102 which heads to Le Bourget.

i-qszQmHb-X2.jpg

Nice wee road which winds along the river.

i-wdNZwp6-X2.jpg

Nice day for it, but cold out of the sun, which luckily wasn't too often :)

i-hjh6xRg-X2.jpg

It helped there was near zero traffic on these roads, tranquil

i-SMpVZWm-X2.jpg

Just as well it was quiet with this big galoot taking up the whole road on his bike :)

i-XbpCgRS-X2.jpg

Once it cooled, we decided to make a detour and hit the coast to warm up

20240214_152254-X2.jpg

Always nice to roll along the Esterel, especially from West to East with the sun at your back

20240214_153019-X2.jpg

Even doon here, it wasn't too busy from a traffic point of view.

20240214_153604-X2.jpg

Though here's a picture with a car in it just to prove it's not photoshopping haha

20240214_154054-X3.jpg

Do not go STRAIGHT ahead.

20240214_154134-X2.jpg

Nice quiet pad on the Med.

20240214_154540%20Copy-X2.jpg

Back home over the hill via Tanneron, where all the mimosa trees are in full flower, so there's far, far too many cars with dopey tourists here.
20240214_162828-X2.jpg

That's all folks.....

Looks lovely Rob, hope all is going well with the physio and recovery.
Cheers Steve, managed to walk 10kms the other day, which was sore but I did it. I'm supposed to be in Wales next month walking Offa's dyke path from Hay on Wye to Tintern over 4 or 5 days, so hopefully make it. Is that close to you?

Reactions: G&T
Cheers Steve, managed to walk 10kms the other day, which was sore but I did it. I'm supposed to be in Wales next month walking Offa's dyke path from Hay on Wye to Tintern over 4 or 5 days, so hopefully make it. Is that close to you?

Good luck with that one pal (y) let me know your dates etc. and I’ll let you know if I can swing by and say hello.

Lovely.....hard not to be a bit jealous since it's been grey and wet all day here :D

you'll be passing near my childhood home in Monmouth as you walk along Clawdd Du

good chip shop by the 11th century Monnow Bridge https://maps.app.goo.gl/vTddJp1YUrh3fWaD6

monnow-bridge-fish-bar.jpg

Thanks for posting.

Did the RN a few years back, I'm very jealous sat here watching the rain come down.

Thanks for posting.

Did the RN a few years back, I'm very jealous sat here watching the rain come down.
I never forget just how lucky I am. Especially being less than a year off retirement. Down to one day a week working these days

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

I pray and hope that i am fit enough to enjoy rides like this when i retire.
i would love nothing more that to go on a ride with no pressure to get back for my job.

Fair play to you
Looking forward to it too, fingers crossed. For instance, wife fancies a week in andros, so I was thinking id take the bike down through Italy, Slovenia, Croatia etc then pick her up at Athens Airport. After, could drop her at the airport then back up via Italy, visiting pals in Rome and Tuscany on the way. Time is a wonderful commodity.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Great pictures - looking forward to getting down there in August (y)

Back
Top Bottom