SE London

Toshack10

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Though used to be in Wapping (but not like that)

Been a scooter rider for over 20 years and realised in 2020 that I’d not really ridden a bike, nor been outside the M25 on my scoot. So a bike test was done and I bought the then new Triumph Tiger 660Sport. I liked it, but two mates (one a Triumph devotee) told me to go to ORS, which I did on a very wet weekend in autumn 2022. I rode the Tiger there and back

I’d expected to find the GS a cumbersome old thing. A month later, the Triumph (not fun on the M4) was traded toward a 40th anniversary TE (ex demo). I did the NC500 on it in September (a long ride from Perth to the Sth Circular). This was nicked a couple of weeks ago.

A replacement is on the way, and I’ll be doing a Tour de France on it in July

Attachments

• IMG_0563.jpeg
    IMG_0563.jpeg
    361 KB · Views: 28
Welcome to the site, a mine(field!) of useful information. Having lived by the South Circular I doff my cap at your journey to/from Perth. I did a similar trip in 1976, hardest part was leaving London, went round Kings Cross three times before finding the Great North Road! Love the pic, I'm sure some wag on here will comment on matching livery on the bike to the AA box!! Cheers :beerjug: John B

Back
Top Bottom