Sena SRL Mesh intermittent playback

BobJ

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I readily admit to being an IT biff so seek the collective wisdom of those more savvy with such stuff please.

I've got a Send SRL Mesh comms unit in my Neotec 2. It's updated with software version v1.3 which I believe is the latest. The comms are linked to my mobile (Apple) and the GS TFT but not the Nav VI.
On a recent trip to France I noticed that with music being played back through the SRL but selected and controlled via the TFT, at motorway speeds the playback would be intermittent - not breaks in the playback of the track (i.e. restart where it had broken off) but breaks in the sound (i.e. restart further into the track but proportionate with the break in playback which is about a second or so). And this goes on intermittently but regularly until the bike speed is reduced when normal unbroken playback is resumed.
This prompted much fart arsing around with the settings to try and figure out what I had buggered about with to screw it all up - but without success. What I did discover though was that clicking the visor completely shut or even flicking the chin vent up and down at less than motorway speeds was also able to provoke the same breaks in playback so I'm guessing it's something to do with ambient / background noise?
Not had any issues with it before the aforementioned continental jaunt so would welcome some assistance in figuring out which of the many device settings via the app I need to adjust to resolve the issue. Or should I just resort to a factory reset?
Thanks in advance.

Maybe you have a setting set to cut music when you talk....and its hearing a noise that is enough to cut the music thinking you are talking. (You know like saying Hey Siri)

That’s what I figured but I can’t for the life of me work out what’s turned on that needs to be off or vice versa :confused2:

It might be worth turning the mic off for a journey and see if that solves the issue just to see if it is that.

Do you have the any navigation apps running at the same time giving directions which may also cause it to cut off??
In the manual you need to turn VOX Phone off (not enabled) by the looks of it (which stops you from answering calls using voice from what I can make out)

Or try and turn VOX sensitivety down is another option?
there is a setting that is called 'Voice Assistant' that can also be turned off

Look at your settings on the Sena App on your phone. You can adjust the sensitivity of ambient noise to the mic.

Thanks Folks. I think I’ll give the factory reset a go.

Back
Top Bottom