Shoei SRL vs. SRTL2/Mesh

Berin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It turns out my cunning plan to pass my SRL1 to Mrs Berin and buy new SRL 2 for myself will work. Both to be fitted to Neotec 2's.

For those that have the SRL2, is the music loud enough to hear music at motorway speeds with earplugs? The SRL1 isn't, which doesn't matter since Mrs Berin doesn't listen to music.

Comms will work fine, apparently, just over BT not mesh. But since we don't ride in big group that's no problem.

I have the SRL2 fitted to my Neotec2 and no issues with hearing music, Nav prompts or call at any legal speeds. I use Alpine filtered ear plugs (sport versions). I never have to use high volume levels. This is on a R1250GSA with standard screen fitted.

I have the SRL2 fitted to my Neotec2 and no issues with hearing music, Nav prompts or call at any legal speeds. I use Alpine filtered ear plugs (sport versions). I never have to use high volume levels. This is on a R1250GSA with standard screen fitted.
Thanks! SRL 1 is hopeless above 50mph, so I'm glad SRL2 is better

I realised I may have caused some confusion. SRL1 - crap speakers.
SRL2 - an update of some sort but still crap speakers
SRL Mesh- good speakers

SRL2 isn’t the same as SRL Mesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awaiting replacement for my SLR MESH, due to crackling in the right speaker from day one. Apart from defective speaker, it is louder and clearer than my SENA 10U for Arai lids as a direct comparison.

I realised I may have caused some confusion. SRL1 - crap speakers.
SRL2 - an update of some sort but still crap speakers
SRL Mesh- good speakers

SRL2 isn’t the same as SRL Mesh.

The only difference between the SRL and SRL2 is that both come with a boom mike for Neotec 2/J Cruise 2 etc but the SRL2 also comes with a wired mike for GT Air2.
Speakers etc are the same .

The only difference between the SRL and SRL2 is that both come with a boom mike for Neotec 2/J Cruise 2 etc but the SRL2 also comes with a wired mike for GT Air2.
Speakers etc are the same .

Yes, luckily I went down to Motolegends to buy it otherwise I’d have got the wrong one.

Very please with the Mesh one so far, as far as speakers are concerned.

I believe the SRL Mesh is much much better than the SRL 2 so please get some reviews as everywhere I have read the SRL Mesh is far superior

Comma wise, Mrs Berin and I used SRL2-SRL Mesh and quality was very good. Range was a few hundred metres, but of course it’s not using the mesh. Although with only 2 riders I’m not sure it makes any odds.

Sound was very clear for speech and Sat nav, but in all honesty music was only any good up to about 50mph. Maybe that’s just me - I’m using in ear custom fit ear plugs, Shoei Neotec 2 on a KTM 1290 SAR with the screen about halfway up.

At lower speeds the music quality especially bass was much better than the old SRL1

I have the SRL Mesh on my Neotech 2 and it's great. No problem at all hearing gps or phone at motorway speeds, in fact I had to turn mine down a little! It works well, even if wearing earplugs and is a huge step up from the SRL1 or 2 bluetooth headsets. My only gripe is the side buttons are very fiddly to use with gloved hands. SRL2 I think uses the same HD speakers but the Mesh for me was the better choice. Comms are easier thanks to one touch mesh if other users have it, otherwise bluetooth works just fine.

Out of interest, where does your music come from? I wonder if my iPhone just isn't playing loud enough!

I have the SRL Mesh on my Neotech 2 and it's great. No problem at all hearing gps or phone at motorway speeds, in fact I had to turn mine down a little! It works well, even if wearing earplugs and is a huge step up from the SRL1 or 2 bluetooth headsets. My only gripe is the side buttons are very fiddly to use with gloved hands. SRL2 I think uses the same HD speakers but the Mesh for me was the better choice. Comms are easier thanks to one touch mesh if other users have it, otherwise bluetooth works just fine.

Once I've turned the SRL2 on with my big fat finger, that's it ..everything else is voice command. Also with your Google Assistant app on, it's even better. " Hey Google, what time is it/how far is it to/play me Radio4/MY Spotify/where the fook am I? Call so and so " etc etc and not one button pressed.

Thanks Tim

I'm a luddite when it comes to this sort of tech. Usually I connect my phone to my navi, the headset also to the navi and don't tend to listen to music. Found the FM receiver on the intercom a bit naff. It might be better direct from the phone. I haven't downloaded any assistant apps. Time is on the bike, so usually all I need an intercom for is taking phone calls, making calls if needed and for directions.

Well, I’ve an SRL Mesh which I assume does the same but yes, I did know, thanks.

I’ve also lifted as far as possible the iPhone sound limiting stuff. The iPhone volume is at maximum, and I’ve set it to maximum while connected to the SRL playing music.

Well, I’ve an SRL Mesh which I assume does the same but yes, I did know, thanks.

I’ve also lifted as far as possible the iPhone sound limiting stuff. The iPhone volume is at maximum, and I’ve set it to maximum while connected to the SRL playing music.

What do you have the SRL set to in your iPhone Bluetooth settings? I have mine set as a car stereo, so it does not limit the volume.

What do you have the SRL set to in your iPhone Bluetooth settings? I have mine set as a car stereo, so it does not limit the volume.
I think had a look at this previously, and I changed it from headphones to "speaker". I've changed it now to "Car Stereo", and I'll monitor it next ride.

Thanks for the prompt!

Back
Top Bottom