September 11th. Hants/ Wilts/ Dorset and Berkshire? trail ride

Natham

Can you add me to the list and I will see you on Sunday morning.

David

Corrected list :)

Mike (Dolly rocket) +1? TBC pending sump plug issue :D
Todd
Clive (Strobingred)
Pinkytiff
Bandit
Getawiggleon- still coming?
Grinning GSer
WindyChuffer- confirmed?
MSK72
Possu :)
Dxwalt:thumb2:aidan

Non GSer's:
Dave S
Dave K- a possible

Dropping like flies:

Mike (Dolly rocket) +1? TBC pending sump plug issue :D
Todd
Clive (Strobingred)
Pinkytiff
Bandit
Grinning GSer
MSK72
Possu :)
Dxwalt:thumb2:aidan

Non GSer's:
Dave S

update.

Right, i've just checked with the range office on salisbury plain. There is live firing on this weekend, though it should be safe after 3.00pm. What i suggest is that we meet at 9.30for a 10am start, have a leisurely run to win green and back, by which time the plain should open. I don't think we will get as far as berkshire, but it should still be a good day out. Hope everyone is ok with this.

I don't know the area really but will the run across to win green be mostly green lanes or roads?

...and where exactly is win green!

I don't know the area really but will the run across to win green be mostly green lanes or roads?

...and where exactly is win green!

Win green is here:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=392500&y=120500&z=120&sv=Win+green&st=3&tl=Map+of+Win+Green,+Wiltshire+[Hill/Mountain]&searchp=ids.srf&mapp=map.srf

It's mostly green lanes :D

There will be some bits of road work involved, but nothing that should be more than about 10 minutes. just look on it as mobile rest periods :thumb

Its also here:
<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/28855020?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="398" height="299" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

New 09.30 start time noted. See you tomorrow :D

Nathan, Would be great to see you later, sorry lost phone and numbers.

Went up to Ripley said hello and returned.

Can`t ride out as still a bit brused from cow meeting.

Steve

Great ride today Nathan. Some lanes I remember from previous runs and a lot of new ones!

Shame GrinningGS left early, the afternoon lanes were much better for the bigger bikes!

GrinningGser had a fab time on those early few lanes and a superb sunny day's riding it was too.
The mud defeated me on the big panzer today and I must thank Pinkytiff et all for three pickups and one pull out of a bush :thumb
I had one gallon, say 55 miles in the tank and today learned that a fall to the right leaves the fuel pump with no fuel. We couldn't start the bike, no matter how long we waited, till we shlossed it around to the left. Never stop learning .
Yes I'm sure that the later trails were easier but I didn't want to hinder those of you on real offroaders and four crashes is enough for one day..
Nathan-3-M.jpg

Nathan-2-M.jpg

Thanks for the fun Nathan :D

Paul,

i'm surprised you stuck with it as long as you did- i think everyone was finding the going a little tricky, and that was on more appropriate trail tools.

The rainfall in the early hours of this morning made the trails very slick, and they had started to dry out by lunchtime.

We made reasonable progress across to Wingreen and Compton airfield for a spot of lunch- which is a cracking spot, and we were blessed with some great weather, as well as a redbull stunt plane for the entertainment.

After lunch we lost mark. his g450X had picked up a puncture, but the tubeless system in his back wheel made retro fitting a tube ineffective- i hope you managed to get picked up ok?

We pressed on back towards salisbury, and passed entrants on a LDT for vintage bikes.

On to stapleford to fill up again and shelter from the rain storm. As soon as it finished we headed up to cross the A303 and on towards tilshead.

Running seriously short of time, we headed across the plain to weyhill, where we said goodbye to the 2 Daves and Mike.

From weyhill it was a bit of road work to link a few last trails together before finally getting back to the carpark at about 6.30, clocking up around 135 miles.

Thank you all for the company :D

Back
Top Bottom