To overtake or not

handscombmp

Reaction score
Hello all

Hoping you can settle a debate about the no overtaking sign in Germany me and a friend are having, namely this sign
Zeichen_276_-_%C3%9Cberholverbot_f%C3%BCr_Kraftfahrzeuge_aller_Art,_StVO_1992.svg

When looking online about it you come up with meanings similar to ‘No Passing (overtaking) for any vehicle type except one line (track) transport (like motorcycles and mopeds)’
Now I read this as you can’t overtake unless you are overtaking motorcycles and mopeds but he reads it as you can’t overtake unless you are on a motorcycle or moped.

So who is right here. When in Germany on a motorcycle on those zones can you overtake or not

I've no proof of this, but my interpretation would be a car or other vehicle can overtake a motorcycle, not the other way around.

In Germany there are lot of small restricted bikes, and it would generally be safer to allow vehicles to overtake these than sit behind them for miles.

This type of no overtaking sign is not about rewarding the superior m/c, but rather about reducing vehicles from being in the oncoming lane.

So no that is not an invitation to blast past cars, your mate will be wrong.

From the AA: The ‘no overtaking’ sign means you can’t overtake a vehicle with more than two wheels. You may overtake a motorcycle, but don’t overtake a car or any other four-wheeled vehicle.

classic nazi colours... very powerful stuff... the hidden meaning is hidden for a good reason....if you know, you know, ....... you know.........!

google hidden nazi signs... and you'll see everything.... and if you don't "Dat meanz you iz on ze watch list... Ja...!"

I read it here They/ Them is watching always....

Interesting.

In the film, Zone of Interest, the screen sometimes goes entirely (and I think I recall this correctly) goes, white or red or black. I had guessed that this was an oblique reference to the Nazi flag’s colours.

der Verstand ist verwirrt.

Ein Schwabien würde nie das Wort verblüfft, benutzen, das ist für Fischköpfe

Ahh fuck , i was just getting into this scintillating thread.

In Germany only red cars can overtake black cars! because red cars are faster
Surely the black car is overtaking cos they drives on the wrong side of the road - and he’s obviously on the wrong side...

It doesn't apply to us since we left the EU. Tell the the cops to do one and claim the the fifth amendment.

It doesn't apply to us since we left the EU. Tell the the cops to do one and claim the the fifth amendment.
The temptation would be great but knowing my luck I’ll end up face down with a gun muzzle in my back! 😂😂

I lived in Germany for some 15 years

The German Police WILL actively drive in an unmarked car on roads with these signs quite below the speed limit to catch people who overtake them (there will be a marked Police car just down the road.)

Germany also hides speed cameras in unmarked cars and wheelie bins

The Germans will not fuck around in fining you on the spot or taking your vehicle off you until you pay (then charge you extra for you fucking them around)

They all speak English so you can't pretend to not understand either

I lived in Germany for some 15 years

The German Police WILL actively drive in an unmarked car on roads with these signs quite below the speed limit to catch people who overtake them (there will be a marked Police car just down the road.)

Germany also hides speed cameras in unmarked cars and wheelie bins

The Germans will not fuck around in fining you on the spot or taking your vehicle off you until you pay (then charge you extra for you fucking them around)

They all speak English so you can't pretend to not understand either
'don't tell him Pike!'

Back
Top Bottom