V100 Stelvio caught testing.

53c335dc530b8408e5e3d860bf45df49.jpg

It’s ok

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Thetwatcantalk

The bike looks great as does the lady, your wife, right? But you sure aged!

I've just noticed it's got the 'Rhino horn' front wheel clamps. Don't forget to tell your tyre fitter not to over torque them.

In my case that would be me. Does the owners manual specify the clamp bolt torque? Or is removing and installing the wheel just another "see your Moto Guzzi dealer" sentence?

Luggage looked ok

e28d53a251c0258a2e7d13272d271187.jpg
The panniers appear a little bulbous to me, but maybe it's the image. I assume they are the same as the Mandello, do you know the total width?

In my case that would be me. Does the owners manual specify the clamp bolt torque? Or is removing and installing the wheel just another "see your Moto Guzzi dealer" sentence?
From memory on the old Stelvio it was around 15nm. But many over tightened them and cracked the spindle mount.

Easy to strip aluminum threads, 15nm seems like plenty and that'll draw a good bit of clamping force on the axle.

Moto Guzzi has revealed the full details of the new Stelvio, built around the same platform as the V100 Mandello.

With a liquid cooled 1,042cc V-Twin engine that turns out 115bhp at 8,700rpm and 105Nm at 6,750rpm through a shaft drive, the Stelvio offers some light off-road ability thanks to its 19" front wheel and 170mm of suspension travel at both ends.

Elsewhere, there's a 21L fuel tank with a quoted 250-mile range, tubeless spoked wheels, Brembo brake calipers, a seat height of 830mm, and the bike weighs 246kg wet.

In terms of equipment, you get cruise control, cornering ABS, traction control, five riding modes, handguards, electrically adjustable windscreen, and 5" TFT display all as standard, while there's also the option of a radar-equipped model with forward-following cruise control, lane change warning, blind spot indicators, and a collision warning system.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Thetwatcantalk

Back
Top Bottom