Wapping's Wanders Four - One (or two) day jaunt to France - Saturday 25 (26) June

You are definitely ahead of me.... washing machine blowing a gasket!

I have though created the second day's route card, as well as I can. I have also made a small correction in the last line of day one. No big deal.

Some of the country roads get pretty small (unnumbered) but I have done my best. The only alternative was to zoom in and out for hours in Google Maps' Street View, picking up what is on the direction signs :eek:

Anyway, it details out most of the roads, towns and small villages we will (I hope) pass through. So, fingers crossed, we should be OK. I have ridden the second day's ride twice (with a couple of U-turns, I must confess) but not too bad. There is one bit on day two (not that far from the hotel) that had some pretty major roadworks over a level crossing and - I think - a small river, closing the road completely. I suspect they will still be there. They are not very well signposted, so we may well have to get to them and then spin around. It's not a big detour (nor a bad road) that the redirection takes us on. We shall have to see on the day.

As we have so many bikes we will have to use the marker drop-off system, so we will need a volunteer or two to do some tail gunning, please. Similarly, I am more than happy for us to share all / any of the Squadron Leader duties.

We can run through the drop off system when we gather at the fuel station on leaving the train.

==========

Don't forget your packed lunches etc and a full tank of motion lotion when leaving the train, please. Fuel available en-route, too.

I plan to be at the Chunnel in good time, to have a coffee. Probably in a Rukka suit, riding either an F800R or 1600GT.

See ya' all Saturday.

Any prob's call me or PM etc. etc. etc.

Richard

Attachments

• Two day ride - Bollezeel - Pareny - Baie du Somme etc..xls
    43.5 KB · Views: 73
Weather is now looking even better now:clap:clap

Happy to do tail gunner whenever you need it. I have copied the route you posted into my TomTom so I should only get lost once every hour:blast

Richard, do you use a PMR bike to bike radio at all? I've got one on my bike but have not really used it in the past.

See you all early doors at the Chunnel

I had a Bike-to-bike whatsit on my previous bikes for a number of years, but haven't got around to re-fitting to my new ones. It will be a job for the winter months, I think.

I hear that Sea France has taken one of their boats out of service, which maybe accounts for why the trains are getting full.

Good news from weather station Richie, so we'll know who to blame when it is hammering it down in the morning :D

Now off to forage in Waitrose for suitable picnic for suitable picnic fodder.

Guys, Trust that you all have a great w/e :thumb2

Let me know if I need to pick up on any funnies that Richard has, so I can use them when I do the Dijon trip in July with him :augie

Graeme

Just back, the first few hours lots of rain then basically dry for saturday, today grand soleil nice scenery etc... Photos to follow later. Thanks Richard nice roads, nice company:thumb

One breakdown, but hey they were all riding 1200GS:hide

Richard,
Many thanks for organising a great weekend.Fantastic roads both days and even arranged sunshine Sunday.
Great to meet everyone and put a face to the names.
Hope David and Pauline managed to get on a train OK as you seemed to go on the missing list at the last minute.
Thanks again Richard. :thumb

Well thanks to Richard, for organising this trip, really good fun, apart from the one breakdown, but thanks to team work, we all came thru.

At the euro - tunnel Got pulled up by security, when they had finished with us, we could not get on your train as it was full.
Then due to breakdown with trains, we finally boarded the 20:15, then the train failed again...So got back home at 22:00. Boy am I glad I took tomorrow off as a holiday from work !.

Nice to meet everyone, it was good fun.

dxtans

Hi Dave,

We wondered what had happened. You may have found a garbled voice message on your phone.

A duff way to end a jaunt, but take comfort that you have played your full part in the War on Terror!
------------------------------------------

My thanks to all who came along, making it a good wander. Looking forward to seeing all or any of you again sometime.

Cheers,

Richard

Brummie reporting in, only took 3hrs 15mins to get home.

Thanks to Richard for finding some great routes and thanks to all the guys 'n' girls for some great company. Must do it again soon.

Special thanks to Richie for translating the dinner menu, so I had some idea what I was ordering.

Hi Brummie,

Great you enjoyed it, especially as you had a fair ols schlep down to join us at the start.

Hope to see you (and the Mrs, if she can be persuaded).

Hi wapping

Concerning the mrs she has already expressed ( woman talk for you are taking me on the next outing) an interest in joining one of your jaunts. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom