What's the right luggage for a 2014 GSA?

wacker

Reaction score
Hi all,
Your expertise is required here. I have a 2014 GSA and purchased some second hand touratec luggage which I assumed ( incorrectly it would appear) would be a universal fit.
I cannot figure out what the correct luggage would be and what this luggage I have purchased would be compatible with, so I can sell it.
Advice gratefully received.

I'm not a Touratech expert but if like other manufacturers. I'd be inclined to say the luggage probably is universal in so much as that it will fit with a Touratech mount which is specific to the bike.

So it's the mount that must fit the bike, not the luggage. The luggage fits the mount and all the Touratech mounts for that type of luggage will be universal.

I'm not a Touratech expert but if like other manufacturers. I'd be inclined to say the luggage probably is universal in so much as that it will fit with a Touratech mount which is specific to the bike.

So it's the mount that must fit the bike, not the luggage. The luggage fits the mount and all the Touratech mounts for that type of luggage will be universal.
Ah I see thank you. Wonder what rack is fitted ordinarily to the bike then ? It's factory fitted so wonder what luggage it's designed to be compatible with.

The design appears the same with the angled brackets welded to the frame and locking system which appears the same as my top box, but it doesn't line up and appears to be for the opposite sides. I'm wondering if it's only compatible with a different bike or older GS where exhaust was on opposite side 😞

It looks like you have bought the panniers for the pre 2013 Hexhead bikes they dont fit the 2014 onwards LC models

It looks like you have bought the panniers for the pre 2013 Hexhead bikes they dont fit the 2014 onwards LC models
That much is dawning on me :-(
That'll teach me to grab a last second eBay 'bargain '
Thanks to all for your advice. Much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom