New HD Pan America on HD site now.

Not at the dealership - but at the lot next door. The bike itself was in a trailer parked outside as I guess it's just doing a whistle-stop tour of various dealerships.

It wasn't even HD themselves taking the bike from dealer to dealer. It's some event marketing company. I was talking to a couple of the Southampton HD staff and they said they were surprised as hell. They expected Harley staff to be with bike, but it just turned up this morning with the events people, who opened up the trailer and told the lads to get on with it! There were a few young dollies asking the usual marketing questions..."are you looking to buy a bike in the next 3 months?", etc...

Fuck me, new lows for HD!!! No way would I buy anything from the shitehawking cunts.

I went down to Southampton today to view the bike they had there. My missus came and made us sidetrack into Ikea on the way which was pure hell.

But the bike looks good. The one they had there was a pre-production model but it looks really well put together nonetheless. Someone had broken the windscreen mechanism though. It is slimmer in the flesh than it looks. The end of the tank is really quite narrow and nice to grip with your knees. The seat is comfortable and the screen looks good. Clutch pull is light.

We couldn't start it up so I have no idea how the ARH feature works, but everyone that has ridden it says it is seamless.

Test rides later this month when the dealers start to get their demo bikes.

IMG_5904_HEIC-XL.jpg

What I didn't really like was that the hand guards are only clipped to the end of the bars. I can see them coming loose annoyingly regularly. However I guess the aftermarket will soon have something that clamps to the end of the bar. In the meantime, maybe a cable tie or something will do the job.

Nice looking bike . How tall are you ? They should have a relate stall at the checkout in IKEA:eek:

Nice looking bike . How tall are you ? They should have a relate stall at the checkout in IKEA:eek:

They certainly should. And it was absolutely heaving there today. Still, I bought a cheap laser spirit level which will keep me happy for an hour or so tomorrow.

I am a short arse - 5' 8" and 30" inseam - or 32" in Levis vanity size. I was on the balls of both feet with the seat in the low position. I don't think the ARH was properly down though - but I have already ordered the low seat for my bike which should get me very close if not all the way to properly flat footed when the bike is at rest.

They certainly should. And it was absolutely heaving there today. Still, I bought a cheap laser spirit level which will keep me happy for an hour or so tomorrow.

I am a short arse - 5' 8" and 30" inseam - or 32" in Levis vanity size. I was on the balls of both feet with the seat in the low position. I don't think the ARH was properly down though - but I have already ordered the low seat for my bike which should get me very close if not all the way to properly flat footed when the bike is at rest.

Cheers . Testing one in June . My 1250 GSA is just right size wise for me at 6 foot 5 but really fancy one of these . Will see how the test ride goes , but reckon if it all fits will get one

Cheers . Testing one in June . My 1250 GSA is just right size wise for me at 6 foot 5 but really fancy one of these . Will see how the test ride goes , but reckon if it all fits will get one

Fuck me, you are a monster! You may need lowered pegs, the tallboy seat and you certainly wont need the Adaptive Ride Height.

Kinda makes sense if they do not have dealer stock yet....I’ll wait till I can ride one...

Not at the dealership - but at the lot next door. The bike itself was in a trailer parked outside as I guess it's just doing a whistle-stop tour of various dealerships.

It wasn't even HD themselves taking the bike from dealer to dealer. It's some event marketing company. I was talking to a couple of the Southampton HD staff and they said they were surprised as hell. They expected Harley staff to be with bike, but it just turned up this morning with the events people, who opened up the trailer and told the lads to get on with it! There were a few young dollies asking the usual marketing questions..."are you looking to buy a bike in the next 3 months?", etc...

One other very pleasing although very small point about the bike is it comes with 90 degree valve stems. Thank you Harley! No more carrying adaptors around to be able to air up the tyres.

Finally!

Here's a review by Baldy from ADVRider. Almost unbelievably, he says he would buy the Harley over the GSA, Ducati, Honda and KTM. I never saw that coming....

He was quite negative about the Harley until he rode it. Its seems to be getting big reviews all round at the minute.

What I didn't really like was that the hand guards are only clipped to the end of the bars. I can see them coming loose annoyingly regularly. However I guess the aftermarket will soon have something that clamps to the end of the bar. In the meantime, maybe a cable tie or something will do the job.

The Buell Ulysses used to have 'clipped on' hand guards - they were fine, mine never came loose, but they're certainly not designed to stay put in a crash - they're designed as wind deflection, not hand protection.

The Buell Ulysses used to have 'clipped on' hand guards - they were fine, mine never came loose, but they're certainly not designed to stay put in a crash - they're designed as wind deflection, not hand protection.

Agreed - as wind protection they will be just fine. Although I do want protection, so something like the BarkBusters 2 point mounted guards will do fine.

It doesn't get any better in the flesh.

Attachments

• Pan Ameria 5.jpeg
    Pan Ameria 5.jpeg
    19.9 KB · Views: 200
Those of you who have placed your orders may have hit the jackpot

Not news I know but looking more certain by the day, from this months Bike mag……

Attachments

• 3AFB5FFB-7C0D-4C9C-8747-38E552C61E79.jpg
    3AFB5FFB-7C0D-4C9C-8747-38E552C61E79.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 157
I haven't seen one in the flesh yet. My Local dealer didn't have any in last week.

Back
Top Bottom