Wheel corrosion

GrahamWebb

Reaction score
Hi my 2010 GSA has corrosion in places, on the swing arm and the rear wheel, basically the paint bubbles and there is a white powder under there. I had my wheel off the other day so had a go with a wire brush to get the worst of it off the wheel hub and at the minute I have left it like this in the photo but put some acf-50 on to help protect it. Any ideas on what else I should do to do a better job of it?

mine's in the same state too. Thinking about removing the spokes and powder coating and relacing the wheel.

Hi my 2010 GSA has corrosion in places, on the swing arm and the rear wheel, basically the paint bubbles and there is a white powder under there. I had my wheel off the other day so had a go with a wire brush to get the worst of it off the wheel hub and at the minute I have left it like this in the photo but put some acf-50 on to help protect it. Any ideas on what else I should do to do a better job of it?

that looks as good as you get when you pick up your new BMW these days - stick with the ACF50 - you probably want to worry about the other end of the spokes more

go check brand new BMW M5s for £115k in the showrooms, the hubs on these are rusty crap too

Rebuilding these wheels is tricky BUT can be done these guys did my 1150 www.drwheelbuilding.com and will also powder coat the hub. When mine go I am going to these guys and will go black!

Back
Top Bottom