BMW K1600 2022 - Sena Mesh in Neotec 2

Wapping

Reaction score
In an attempt to cure some EMF problems (see 1600 sub-section) I have had a new TFT screen fitted to my 1600. Inevitably, this meant that I had to re-pair my Sena.

For some reason I could not get the voice instructions from the BMW Connect app, running via the TFT screen, to come through the headset in my Neotec. The phone woukd but the voice instructions wouldn’t. This was very frustrating, as I knew it worked properly with my old TFT screen.

I then remembered that BMW hide the option to allow voice instructions to come through the headset under the separate radio options, not in the connections set-up section.

I then remembered that the option to alter whether the sound is channelled through the bike’s speakers or through the headset, is greyed out….. unless the radio is turned ON first.

Once the radio is turned on, the option as to whether to channel all sound through the speakers or through the headset is then available. Once either of the options is chosen, the radio can be turned off but the bike remembers the setting for next time.

Quite why BMW hides this away, I have no idea. Quite why you have to turn the radio on to make the choice, I have no idea either. It would have been easy to put the option to have all sound through the speakers or through the headset as a simple A / B choice somewhere else. But hey, I have now remembered how to do it…….. until the next time, by when I will have forgotten again!

Richard, perhaps you could provide feedback to BMW for a future software update?

I have just completed a survey for Bahnstormer/BMW Motorrad regarding GPS use on motorcycles asking for feedback. I'm sure your experience level is way better than mine, you are the ideal end-user to give them the feedback they seek.

Link below:

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...P0LRylomXBIGljYQRoC8xZeZtJLoviTRYE35ftB6KG_6M

Back
Top Bottom