Sena SRL 1 vs 2

Poncherello

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi. I’m looking at buying some in helmet comms and wanted a view on the right one for me. I have a Neotec 2 so am looking at Sena for ease. Having trawled fleabay and monitored the for sale on here, there is a big gap on price between used Sena 1 and 2.
I won’t be doing group rides etc., at most it’ll be rider to pillion but mainly just me, my Spotify playlist and (rarely) the ability to answer a phone call.
I do have a short stint on a motorway for my daily commute so sound quality at higher speeds would be needed.

Hi. I’m looking at buying some in helmet comms and wanted a view on the right one for me. I have a Neotec 2 so am looking at Sena for ease. Having trawled fleabay and monitored the for sale on here, there is a big gap on price between used Sena 1 and 2.
I won’t be doing group rides etc., at most it’ll be rider to pillion but mainly just me, my Spotify playlist and (rarely) the ability to answer a phone call.
I do have a short stint on a motorway for my daily commute so sound quality at higher speeds would be needed.

Both will fit the Neotec 2.
The only difference is the SRL2 comes with a detachable boom mike in case you want to fit to a full face such as GT Air 2 when you use the smaller wire mike.
But you’ll need the boom version so get the SRL1 if it’s cheaper.

Both will fit the Neotec 2.

I'm not sure if that is wholly correct. I was told by the Shoei importer, Feridax, that the early versions of the Neotec II, manufactured before 2019, will only take the SRL 1. This Article says "All Shoei Neotec II helmets manufactured after March 8, 2019, have built-in provision for the Sena SRL2".

You seriously need to consider the SRL Mesh (yes it fits the Neotec)
It is much much better quality than the 1/2, especially for the sound.
Please read the reviews and you will see it is leaps and bounds above 1/2

Back
Top Bottom