Advisable to change?

Last year one of the guys on our trip needed tyres. It was a bit of faffing, we struggled to find stock. Eventually we got a pair at Motorrad in Leon. 350 euro for a pair of Metzler Tourance Next 2's fitted and balanced. If I were to do it again I'd book in earlier and make sure they had stock. We tried several places before we found them. Not speaking Spanish didn't help...

Last year one of the guys on our trip needed tyres. It was a bit of faffing, we struggled to find stock. Eventually we got a pair at Motorrad in Leon. 350 euro for a pair of Metzler Tourance Next 2's fitted and balanced. If I were to do it again I'd book in earlier and make sure they had stock. We tried several places before we found them. Not speaking Spanish didn't help...

No French bike owner would buy tyres from the local dealer as they probably would not have stock!
The nearest Dafy Moto has loads in stock at much cheaper prices.

The old how long is a peice of string question…
Depends on how many miles you will be doing, how hard you ride etc.
Tyre wear tends to be fast in Spain, if you are an enthusiastic rider…so many corners and fantastic roads. The edges should wear faster than the middles.
Can you afford to lose a day to get tyres changed? Personally with 3mm left, and, I assume travelling from the UK, I would fit new tyres.
Depending on the tyres, performance drops off with wear. Tyre profile deteriates and affects hndling…

Your contact spot is very small, so consider wet roads, twisting roads, adverse cambers ect. A new set of Conti Trail Attack 3 are the best IMO and you will be pleased that you did. Have a great trip...:thumb2

Depending on the tyres you have the new tyre only has around 4mm tread depth I think

On that basis you have consumed 1/3 of the useful life

And of course you can buy tyres in Spain if needed……..

Back
Top Bottom