2013 R1200GS would you today??

Go for it Scott , I had the first 1200lc out of Clark’s in Dundee in 2013, kept it for 5 years, not one bit of trouble in that time, sold it on here for reasonable money. Sometimes think I should have kept the 2011 multistrada S I traded in though ��

Thanks to everyone for thoughts. Looks like some mixed thoughts, if I can find a low mile one then could be a decent option.

I have been having impure thoughts about selling my very low mileage,very finely farkled example recently. Have you set yourself a budget?

I have an early 13 Lc basic with less to go wrong. It came along at the right time and price . Minty with just over 20k miles. Full service record and recalls.
Runs sweet as a nut no front end wobble on spirited road riding.With full vario luggage.
Just back from the Leenane weekend and a good run round the Emerald Isle. In 2k miles of ownership it’s returned 60+ mpg and used no appreciable amount of oil.Kako throttle lock has worked as cruise control.
For a ten year old bike I’m impressed . Ive had an 18 Gs Rallye and it runs just as well.
You pays your money and takes your chance.

I have an early 13 Lc basic with less to go wrong. It came along at the right time and price . Minty with just over 20k miles. Full service record and recalls.
Runs sweet as a nut no front end wobble on spirited road riding.With full vario luggage.
Just back from the Leenane weekend and a good run round the Emerald Isle. In 2k miles of ownership it’s returned 60+ mpg and used no appreciable amount of oil.Kako throttle lock has worked as cruise control.
For a ten year old bike I’m impressed . Ive had an 18 Gs Rallye and it runs just as well.
You pays your money and takes your chance.
Yep, the one I’m offered is only £5500 for a basic 13 plate, however I’m thinking if I put another £2k in is it worth it for say a 15plate with all the toys..

Decisions decisions..

As little as I can possibly get away with 😃

Intrigued to find out more…

I think I've gone off the idea of selling it. Suffice to say it's got less than 6k miles on the clock and I've got the best part of £20k in it.

I've only tried the 2015, 2016 and 2018 models and each one seemed to ride a little better than the last with slight gearbox improvements for the newer ones. I ended up trading a Tiger1200 for the 2016 bike, a GSA with low miles. Gearbox was sweeter than the earlier ones but the engine rattled like a blacksmith's forge on overtime when warm (they all do that sir...) and it had an rpm sensitive drivetrain vibration around 3.5 to 4K revs which I think I later discovered was something to do with the drive shaft balance. My latest ride is a 2018 RS and I don't find the gearbox quite as good if honest, perhaps as it's barely run in (all boxers I've ridden or owned got smoother past 10K miles). I preferred the autoblipper on the downshifts with the older GSA. The GSA I preferred to the GS...not quite as flighty due to slight geometry changes and longer throw suspension. I think though the later bikes do ride better than earlier ones. Just about everyone who I've spoken with who've owned the hex head TC's have preferred the slightly softer engine and claimed they were a bit smoother and less rattly than their newer WCs. You pays your money and makes your choice. My only real gripe with the 2018 model is that 3rd gear in a 20 or 30mph zone is right in the lean running zone and the bike doesn't fuel very smoothly; it hunts a bit. The solution is to drop it into second and raise the revs which is cheaper than a remap.

Back
Top Bottom