Balkans insurance.

Kazakdan

Reaction score
Just been looking into Balkans insurance while renewing my policy mid trip.

UK bike, Carole Nash multi bike policy.

I was with Aviva. They don't cover much of the Balkans except Slovenia and Croatia. Bosina and Albania can be added with Green Card, 25 GBP for 7 days per country (declared dates).

I was considering Groupama. They offer automatic cover for all the Balkans, Albania, Eastern Europe and Turkey but not Iran or Israel.

I was not aware this type of policy was available, so I am passing this on in this thread. Worth looking into for that big trip through less travelled lands.

I decided i didn't need it for my trip this time but worth knowing for the future.

My renewal stayed with Aviva and was 175 GBP for three bikes inc 1999 K1200LT 3PFT. Groupama was 200 GBP more for 3PFT, worth it if you are actually going to visit those countries and want the peace of mind of decent cover. (The Montenegro insurance is 10 euros for 15 days but may not be worth the paper it is printed on...)

Albania didn't ask me for any insurance on the border, so I probably wasn't covered.

Bosnia dont even look at your passport on the coast route through, let alone ask about insurance.

It seems to be personal choice as to whether you are prepared to technically be uninsured.

Montenegro hold your passport until you have bought their 10 Euro basic insurance. However, the guards and insurance people have learned some customer service skill since my last visit last October. They were all smiles and very cheerful. Spooky.

Back
Top Bottom